[Vanilla] Can no longer Win-Tab Civ IV in Windows 10

Glade Runner

Chieftain
After playing this game in Win 10 without trouble for a long while, now I can no longer cycle through apps using Windows-TAB. If I do this with an instance of Civ IV running, I can leave the game without difficulty but I can't cycle back in and continue playing.

What used to happen was that I could tab out of the game, my display would revert to its regular resolution (1920 x 1200) and I could work with my other running programs. When I was ready to cycle back in, the game would revert to its own screen resolution (1024 x 768) and I could resume play. What happens now is that the game won't revert to its own screen resolution and I can no longer regain control of the screen or play the game. I have to force quit.

I have tried compatibility fixes for Windows XP, Windows 8, WIndows 7, and Windows Vista, with and without administrator privileges. The behavior is unchanged. I did try running in windowed mode, which badly degraded the look of the game and which did not resolve the problem.

I don't know what recent update or change might have led to this. What should I try next? Thanks to all!

Game info: Plain vanilla Civ IV via Steam. I have tried removing it and reinstalling it, but this did not improve the problem.

System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 19042).

Graphics info: AMD Radeon HD 6750 (driver version 15.201.1001.0)

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    72.6 KB · Views: 55
Top Bottom