Can't get rid of Casualty timeline

Leowind

Emperor
Installed Civ2 on my new computer, and now when I play anytime I lose a unit a get a pop-up screen to take me to the casualty timeline. Problem is it stays up for the rest of the computer turn so I can't see what is going on behind it, even if I click cancel. I do not remember ever seeing this screen previous to this install. I have run the 1.3 patch for MGE about three times now, and it has not changed this. I've looked around under all the game options I could think of and couldn't find anything that related. Anyone have any ideas, please? Point out the obvious to me?

Ain't much to suggest other than there is "suppress casuality timeline" in MP options.Maybe start a dummy MP game,toggle that and see if anything happens in SP mode.

Or a clean install of civ2

Originally posted by Smash
Ain't much to suggest other than there is "suppress casuality timeline" in MP options.Maybe start a dummy MP game,toggle that and see if anything happens in SP mode.

Or a clean install of civ2
It was a fresh install, and I just got done installing all my modified rules.txt and cities.text :cry:
Actually, the first game I opened was an MP game, so perhaps that was the problem. I've never played MP, so dont' know all the ins and outs of it. (the game was a save from Gamecatchers MP democracy game). I'll give it a try--when I get back in town next week.

Thanks, Smash

oh well thats probably it then.Its under options/multiplayer options.Control+y iirc

and where the heck did the Ducks get that goalie!?....M...V...P

Originally posted by Smash
oh well thats probably it then.Its under options/multiplayer options.Control+y iirc

and where the heck did the Ducks get that goalie!?....M...V...P
:lol: That's the UofO Ducks. I don't follow hockey at all. Wonder how many others have made the same assumption :hmm:

oops :o

perhaps you should specify that like

GO DUCKS!!!..no not Anaheim ;)

Is the sig better now? ;)

And to stay on topic, I looked under MP options and didn't find anything for casualty timeline :confused: I'm going to post this question over at Gamecatcher for the people who created the save I began with and see if they have any ideas. Otherwise I"ll have to try to reinstall :(

I'll let you know how it comes out, but won't be until next week at the earliest

Top Bottom