Capitulation - Who to Make Master

rsc2a

Warlord
I don't know if it's intended but I think capitulation needs to be looked at. Here's the scenario:

Both the Inca and I were at war with France. I captured a city, then the Inca captured a city, then I captured Paris. Once I got Paris, I tried to get France to peace out but got the "Impossible" message since I just took their capital. The next turn they capitulated to the Incas even though my war score was twice as high as theirs.

Something just seems off about that.

I don't know if it's intended but I think capitulation needs to be looked at. Here's the scenario:

Both the Inca and I were at war with France. I captured a city, then the Inca captured a city, then I captured Paris. Once I got Paris, I tried to get France to peace out but got the "Impossible" message since I just took their capital. The next turn they capitulated to the Incas even though my war score was twice as high as theirs.

Something just seems off about that.
This is because of the two turn capitulation delay after capture of a city, that delay is not global its only for you.
I think the idea is that AI should not insta capitulate when it possibly had units nearby to recapture.
I guess one option would be to have the delay global on any city capture.

Could potentially make it so that capitulation can only be giving to the highest warscore.

I'm not crazy about the idea enough to propose it in this Congress though.

This is because of the two turn capitulation delay after capture of a city, that delay is not global its only for you.
I think the idea is that AI should not insta capitulate when it possibly had units nearby to recapture.
I guess one option would be to have the delay global on any city capture.
There isn't such a fixed delay. They are willing to immediately peace out if you kill all units near the captured city so they have no chance to take it back.

Though in this case they still lose their chance to recapture their capital if they capitulate (still making peace), so I'd say it's a bug?

There isn't such a fixed delay. They are willing to immediately peace out if you kill all units near the captured city so they have no chance to take it back.

Though in this case they still lose their chance to recapture their capital if they capitulate (still making peace), so I'd say it's a bug?
Ahh maybe its the units around their city that cause this then.
A benefit of full surround compared to my usage of siege and a front wall of melee.

Top Bottom