Challenge-XXI-08

Noble Zarkon

Elite Quattromaster - Immortal (BTS)
Super Moderator
Hall of Fame Staff
GOTM Staff
Supporter

While the general Hall of Fame is an ongoing competition, we are running a series of ten games called the Hall of Fame Challenge Series - "Walk like an Egyptian". Standard Hall of Fame rules (*) still apply, but your best submission meeting the settings of one of the games will be counted towards the Challenge.

(*) Please read the >> HOF rules << BEFORE playing!
(*) Games must be played using the >> BUFFY MOD 3.19.005 <<
(*) Games to be submitted via the >> Civ IV Hall of Fame Website <<
(*) New players, please >> register << using your CFC forum name

Settings:

• Victory Condition: Space Colony (though all victory conditions must be enabled)
  • Difficulty: Emperor
  • Starting Era: Ancient
  • Map Size: Small
  • Speed: Normal
  • Map Type: Terra
  • Required: No Tribal Villages, No Random Events
  • Civ: Egypt
  • Opponents: Must include Celt (Brennus), China (Qin Shi Huang), Mali (Mansa Musa), Russia (Catherine)
  • Version: 3.19.005
  • Date: 1st October 2019 to 31st March 2020
Must not play as Inca.
The earliest finish date wins, with score as a tiebreaker.

So I tried this one as well, hope you don't have to adjust the settings again for me, NZ! :p

The one thing I really don't like about HoF is all this endless regenerating of maps, seems to take forever for decent stuff to pop up. So I took the prehistorical route of ignoring mapfinder and just press Alt+G a couple of dozen times and settled for 1 corn, 1 gold, an elephant to settle on and a bunch of flood plains. Nothing stellar, but workable I guess. Got a middle of the road 1725AD win. Leaving one AI with one city and not having to worry about domination thanks to an empty new continent (apart from a city to pick up some new-worldly resources) is at least a relief on this map.

Last edited:
So I tried this one as well, hope you don't have to adjust the settings again for me, NZ!
Nope, all OK this time lol.

The one thing I really don't like about HoF is all this endless regenerating of maps, seems to take forever for decent stuff to pop up.
I know what you mean - I tend to use Map Generator for overnight runs or when I'm at work. If I'm sitting there I'll do it manually like you did.

Top Bottom