City-State Help

Onionsoilder

Reaver
I've been working on the idea for a mod that adds in about several new types of city-states(Industrious, Commercial, Scientific) as well as more behavioral types(Enlightened, Earnest)I know the SDK isn't released yet and thus I can't really mod anything yet, but I thought I would poke around in the XML files to see if I could get a feel for how the traits were structured... but it is very different from how Civ IV was set up, and I can't quite figure out anything. In particular:

- I can't find the art assets anywhere. I at least need these to make new icons for the city states. The XML references .dds files for them, but I can't locate them.
- The XML also seems to lack any reference to how city-states behave(friendly, hostile, irrational, etc.). This is not listed in either CIV5MinorCivTraits.xml or CIV5MinorCivilizations.xml, and I can't find any other XML files related to city-states.
- While the XML does list the different traits in CIV5MinorCivTraits.xml, all it does is reference what art assets to use. Nothing in CIV5MinorCivTraits.xml actually details what the bonus is(culture, food or units).

Top Bottom