[R&F] Civ is about the map. Until it isn’t.

Are these in the workshop? I'm having trouble finding them. If they give you maps worth playing I'd like to try them.

I played one more game last night just to see if I could find a decent map. Restarted six times. Finally got a 'ok' city-start. Second city location was just fair, third was crap and the AI starts pulling away from me big time. The crummy maps with such little production and such rare resources are why I'm done with CiVI.

Sorry to hear your frustration and disappointment. I (and my extended
family) are finding that Civ and R&F are getting better and better, but only
with the Terra maps. The standard game is unanimously despised around here.

Terra maps are available at Steam. The latest incarnations can be found at:
https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/terra-map.623231/

Good luck!

Sorry to hear your frustration and disappointment. I (and my extended
family) are finding that Civ and R&F are getting better and better, but only
with the Terra maps. The standard game is unanimously despised around here.

Terra maps are available at Steam. The latest incarnations can be found at:
https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/terra-map.623231/

Good luck!

'The standard game is unanimously despised around here'. That is the quote of the day for sure. I just spent 2-3 hours in a game with the Terra maps. Took me 4-5 restarts to get any decent production but this is far and away the best CiVI game I've played. It's actually worth playing, which I think the standard game is not. I'm glad the modding community comes to the rescue, I just wish they didn't have to. Does Firaxis even play test their games?

'The standard game is unanimously despised around here'. That is the quote of the day for sure. I just spent 2-3 hours in a game with the Terra maps. Took me 4-5 restarts to get any decent production but this is far and away the best CiVI game I've played. It's actually worth playing, which I think the standard game is not. I'm glad the modding community comes to the rescue, I just wish they didn't have to. Does Firaxis even play test their games?

I sometimes play with the Resourceful mod which adds in lots of new bonus and lux resources. It definitely helps the production issue. Just something else you can check out

By "around here" I meant our homes, not CFC. Many players on CFC love the
smaller maps and standard rules.

Some of our mob prefer epic pace to marathon, but all of us play with 37 city-
states and >22 civs.

Some other things to be aware of...

Sadly, Ludicrous size is now really broken. It needs some attention with some
calculations resetting when certain events occur around x=0 and x=199 on the
map, but I couldn't be bothered fixing them until some better tools are
available.

You can use the abundant resources option on the screen where you choose the
map details.

It's almost never a matter of testing. In games where there are a large number of confirmed/documented bugs that go unpatched for multiple patches, you can scratch off testing as the actual bottleneck. Project management/priority is to blame, but since the strategy game genre is a doormat market they are not held to standards that are even moderate in other game genres and just make more DLC because that's where the $$$ are found.

Top Bottom