Components?

baro

Chieftain
Hey guys, this sure is a HUGE mod! I had a few questions though before I really sink my teeth into a long game.

I started playing a game but noticed a few odd things:
The mod says it has the revolutions mod, which is a mod I always play with. But over the course of the game I played not a single new civ appeared, and even though I was playing on a "terra" map no barbarian civs formed before the old world discovered it. Revolts happened and I got warnings of uprisings clearly from the rev mod, but little came of it. Has this mod been scaled back or changed? Is the barbarian civ component not in this mod?

Is there a way to turn off some of the other features of the game, like the strange land-pirate units (warlord or something) that everyone can build two of. These guys are always over-powered for their era and all they do is walk into my territory and kill all my workers, not really an enjoyable feature. More like a random godzilla attack than anything that belongs in civ.

I discovered a tech that let me pick a religion. I picked Hellenism and I got the holy-city for christianity instead, huh?

Spain emerged as a new civilization in my game, and they got quite powerful until I struck them down. But ive not noticed any uprisings yet, so thats a bit odd. But theres some revolt graph in statistics i think.

Hey guys, this sure is a HUGE mod! I had a few questions though before I really sink my teeth into a long game.

I started playing a game but noticed a few odd things:
The mod says it has the revolutions mod, which is a mod I always play with. But over the course of the game I played not a single new civ appeared, and even though I was playing on a "terra" map no barbarian civs formed before the old world discovered it. Revolts happened and I got warnings of uprisings clearly from the rev mod, but little came of it. Has this mod been scaled back or changed? Is the barbarian civ component not in this mod?

Revolutions is not working correctly right now; it seems to have been nerfed. I agree that it is annoying. Sadly, this is why they are currently turned off by default in 2.92, and hopefully the Revolution mod team will have it fixed soon so that we can have 2.93.

Is there a way to turn off some of the other features of the game, like the strange land-pirate units (warlord or something) that everyone can build two of. These guys are always over-powered for their era and all they do is walk into my territory and kill all my workers, not really an enjoyable feature. More like a random godzilla attack than anything that belongs in civ.

You have to manually remove those, but it is not modbreaking. Go into Rise of Mankind/Assets/Modules/Custom Units/ folder, then delete the "Warlords" folder. (I may be wrong since I am running RoM 2.91, but I know you are taking about the "Warlords" module).

I personally like them, and generally counter Warlords with Warlords.

I discovered a tech that let me pick a religion. I picked Hellenism and I got the holy-city for christianity instead, huh?

That is a bug which other people are experiencing, just play without "Choose Religions."

Well looks like I got everything sorted out except for religions. Tried to found Hellenism again and this time my capital founded Christianity AND Hellenism. Christianity wasn't even on the list of religions I could found.

Well looks like I got everything sorted out except for religions. Tried to found Hellenism again and this time my capital founded Christianity AND Hellenism. Christianity wasn't even on the list of religions I could found.

Limited and Choose Religions is bugged in RevDCM (the dll RoM uses). It is being worked on. The only current solution is to turn them off in the BUG options screen.

Just out of curiousity... how did the warlord kill your workers?
Like a Rwanda genocide, or maybe a bit more like small viking drop of rape and pillage kind of thing. Or did it go on like Vlad the Impaler, burning down the farms and putting the heads of his enemies on poles. Was it Radovan Karadzic or maybe Arkan who was behind the ethnic cleansing? Or did they sit in their fortifications waiting for the right time to strike like a couple of afghan warlords.
I completely understand if you don't like the warlords module**. If you are in a "weak"* game and the AI has warlords then it will be a lot of uphill and could be the reason why the game was ending. However, there are different strategies for luring out the warlords and capturing the leader, who could then become your new general.

If you however wants to remove it, it is a very simple task. In :
....Civilization4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rise of Mankind\Assets\Modules\Custom Units
there is a folder called warlord. Simply delete it and remove an important part of history ;)

* by weak I mean a slow start or a start without metals (copper/iron)

** no I don't, but then again I made them, soooo ;)

Top Bottom