Detected spies

Got the game for Christmas and have gone through one promised land game on Gemini difficulty.

I enjoyed spies a lot. But I had one killed after being detected.

Is it better to move detected spies to avoid them getting killed or leave in place to build up intrigue?

If you establish information first, you can keep looking at that city to see if enemy put spy to counter you. Afaik, spy can't be kill unless another spy been put in to counter your spy. I didn't move my own even detected, but i kept looking at info to see if enemy put his/her spy to counter me. If he/she did, and my spy didn't end up killed, i will move him to another place.

You will only get into trouble with relationship if your spy been identify. This also, only happen if they put their own spy to counter you. Detected is fine since they don't know whose spy is.

If you establish information first, you can keep looking at that city to see if enemy put spy to counter you. Afaik, spy can't be kill unless another spy been put in to counter your spy. I didn't move my own even detected, but i kept looking at info to see if enemy put his/her spy to counter me. If he/she did, and my spy didn't end up killed, i will move him to another place.

I can confirm this is the case. I was actually just looking at the LUA code for Covert Ops earlier this evening.

I tend to establish information before I do anything else in a city. It has a very very small chance of failure and lets you know if you are being counter-spied, which is invaluable information.

Assuming a worst case scenario where they have a Special Agent in the city and you have a Recruit in the city you have an 85% of successfully establishing information and a 77% of doing it without being detected.

More information on the math behind covert ops: https://gaming.stackexchange.com/qu...s-mechanic-work-in-beyond-earth/205369#205369

Top Bottom