Disable Apocalypse Comets

Disable Apocalypse Comets 1.01

Das Capitolin

Warlord
Hello Das Capitolin!

Thanks for this great mod. I have never used one before, and am trying to apply it to a saved game. Could you help me?
I stupidly first tried copy pasting the 1.01 folder into [This PC > Documents > My Games > Sid Meier's Civilization VI], and had to reinstall the game, but thankfully had backed up my saves. Should I go into the folder [Saves > Single > ] and then the specific save data (opened in Notepad) and paste the code from your folder right into my code? Should I only paste the 1.01 into the folder: [Single] which contains all of the saves?

Sorry if this is confusing! I hope you can help.

Best,
Austin

Hello Das Capitolin!

Thanks for this great mod. I have never used one before, and am trying to apply it to a saved game. Could you help me?
I stupidly first tried copy pasting the 1.01 folder into [This PC > Documents > My Games > Sid Meier's Civilization VI], and had to reinstall the game, but thankfully had backed up my saves. Should I go into the folder [Saves > Single > ] and then the specific save data (opened in Notepad) and paste the code from your folder right into my code? Should I only paste the 1.01 into the folder: [Single] which contains all of the saves?

Sorry if this is confusing! I hope you can help.

Best,
Austin

Hello, Austin:

First and foremost, your response leads me to believe that mods would cause you more problems than they're worth. No mod should ever require reinstallation of the game, and if they were ever causing problems, you simply remove/relocate that mod's folder.

The Steam version of the game allows mods without much issue, but the Epic Game version requires more effort (Google is your friend). On Steam, the un-zipped files should go into their own folder at C:\Users\ComputerName\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Mods. You don't need to edit anything, and should not be editing any of the files for the game or the mod.

Hello, Austin:

First and foremost, your response leads me to believe that mods would cause you more problems than they're worth. No mod should ever require reinstallation of the game, and if they were ever causing problems, you simply remove/relocate that mod's folder.

The Steam version of the game allows mods without much issue, but the Epic Game version requires more effort (Google is your friend). On Steam, the un-zipped files should go into their own folder at C:\Users\ComputerName\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Mods. You don't need to edit anything, and should not be editing any of the files for the game or the mod.
Hello Das Capitolin,

Your instruction on how to apply your mods has fixed all of my problems with no hiccups! It even modified my saved games, and I am very thankful! Thank you for your quick response and I look forward to enjoying your work.

Best,
Austin

Top Bottom