[MAP] Edit this map via Notepad (Earth Evolution 124x68)

Arthras

Chieftain
Created by python coder Fullerene, this map has been played daily by the online community for several years now. I am only uploading this because i did not see it anywhere else.

If you are a map developer, this script might be interesting for the following features:

1. The map can be edited visually not just from WorldBuilder, but from opening the file itself with an editor. Letters are used as symbols for terrain, features, elevation and resources. This is not only handy for quick fixes, but also for reducing file size.
  2. It includes an option to randomize start sports ("shuffle"), features and resources.
  3. It includes an option to randomize starting techs (0-6) for human players. As far as i know, AI is not affected by this.
  4. It allows the conversion of all uranium resources to oil, effectively banning the use of nukes.

I don't know whether Fullerene developed this all by himself or whether partial credit goes to other users in the community - let me know if this has been done before by someone else.

Attachments

• EarthEvolution3.zip
    14.3 KB · Views: 183
Top Bottom