Explain "unstable", please

BSPollux

Deity
I am playing a game on the newest version of RoM. This is my first try with Rev.

Well, when I open the advisor, my nation is rated as "unstable (flat), worsening". And I realy dont get why. here are some infos about my nation, I'd like to have some explanation so I can understand it.

-I got 7 citys, relatively close together.
-No city has health problem, all are 'big in the plus'
-No city has unhappyness problems, the worst has 3 overflow happyness, all others are better
-All citys are growing
-I didnt have a war in a very long time. In fact I think I had only one war and it was just for a few turns and I didnt lose anything in it.
-I'm running all the positive civics I know so far: republic, public works, etc..
-all but two of my citys have no entry in the 'bad' column in the advisor at all, but a long list of positives. the two 'bad's I have are two citys with foreign religions. In fact one of the 'foreign religions' is a second holy city i accidentaly got while teching.
-all my citys show 'good' in the advisor.

I realy dont get how i could deserver 'unstable (worsening)'. Please. explain that to me.

The revolution adviser (button on the top right) usually says exactly why your unstable. The civics have a large impact on your stability. Specifically, the default government (despotism) provides big penalties for cities far from the capital. You need to get further into the tech tree and unlock better civics before you can grow your empire too large.

Hope that helps (this is from playing normal RevDCM, not the older version buried in ROM)

Top Bottom