Firetuner/lua log has changed the way it outputs error messages?

Jiska

Warlord
Hey all! Really hoping someone can help me out. Coming back to modding after a hiatus, and firetuner and the lua log have disconcertingly changed the format of error outputs. They look like this:
Code:
[15604.968] Runtime Error: [string "C:\Users\sacul\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's..."]:347: attempt to index a nil value
when before, they used to show the whole file path and file name. The error is much harder to diagnose without that info, obviously. Don't know what file the line is supposed to reference.

Really hoping someone knows why this happened and how to fix it?

Just want to bump this because it's super frustrating and I haven't found a solution; previously my error outputs looked like this:

Code:
[2553847.671] Runtime Error: C:\Users\admin\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Iska's Empires Ascendant (v 64)\Rise to Power\Tribes\JFD_Tribes.lua:109: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)

and now they look like this:

Code:
[1327.875] Runtime Error: [string "C:\Users\sacul\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's..."]:10: attempt to call global 'load' (a nil value)

Which is kind of useless. If anyone knows how to fix this, I'd really appreciate it.

Mine look like the top one. Are you using EUI? Just remember BC1 doing something smart with Lua's pcall() which could change the output.
Other than that, you do know it's being caused by "load" on line 10, so a good search tool like Agent Ransack would identify the culprit

Top Bottom