Help For "Red Dawn" Style Scenario

You know the Civil War Civ2 Scenarios Scenario? And how there were European cities for the Confederates to trade with, only they were across the Atlantic, and a coastal, one square city against the edge? That was what I was planning to do for Moscow.

Originally posted by duke o' york
Magellan's - Maritime Shipyards (St John, New Brunswick)
[..]
Marco's - just get rid of it.
UN - erm, UN in New York.

I'd want wonders in Texas and Chicago though, just to make the spread even. As it is, the wonders will be clustered in the north-east corner around DC & NYC.

Magellan's could also be the dockyards in Halifax, NS; Vancouver, BC; Montreal, PQ; or New York, Boston, San Diego, Savannah, etc.

Marco Polo could likewise be in Halifax, Montreal, New York, any of the big trading cities.

It would only make sense that the wonders be clustered in the NE; that is, after all, where development has been going on the longest.

This idea has merit and I'll tell you why...

1) Movie adapted scenarios seem to be popular if there are a lot little tidbits like sound clips, title.gif and so forth...

2) You can capitalize on aspects of the movie that were down played...or you can change the ending since technically, it's in the player's hands anyway...

3) Realism isn't too much of an issue if it's from a movie...as opposed to writing your own story...

I've got a copy of RED DAWN here at the house...it seems like it would be a viable scenario...there is a point at which they describe the borders and map...you could have four or five civs, including the rebels (wolverines).

Even if you didn't like the movie...maybe the scenario would be better... ;)

It is a good title...

John

Well,

We could rally for enthusiasm!

NUKE NUKE NUKE NUKE NUKE NUKE NUKE NUKE!

:rocket:

John

As long as it is Fantastic Worlds, I'll play it. It sounds like a lot of fun.

See... I want the style of Red Dawn, as in that the United States is invaded by the Soviets, but in the style of Red Alert 2, without all the heavy psionics and fantasy style units.

I only wanted there to be the Americans and Soviets as the civs, similar to how in the Red Front scenario there was primarily the Germans and the Soviets.

I want to have Canada and Mexico helping to contribute to the war, not having one suddenly become Commie, and with no outside support coming in at all.

I was considering Los Angeles and San Fran would be the major influx zones of outside support, since the Soviets are coming in on the East Coast.

"red dawn" could happen (at least in the 1980's). The USA would not be taken over by any one of the aforementioned forces, but together they could. With Russia hiding nukes in the Caribbean, they could frame another country for surgical missile strikes, giving Russia the time to attack. Anyway Communist Russia (USSR) didn't really want all out war, communist documents only really consider using guerrilla warfare and spy operations. Spies in the US could also weaken key points (that weren't beaten down by nukes). With US forces fighting in the south (defending from Cuba) , the USSR might have the opertunity to take us off gaurd, and with their knowledge of nuclear and biological arms we might have been in trouble.

I only wanted there to be the Americans and Soviets as the civs, similar to how in the Red Front scenario there was primarily the Germans and the Soviets.

Sure, BrianL03...it sound like you want to transform the cold war into a 'war' and it could be done like that. Also, my feeling is that an author should aways be encouraged to express themselves :) because that is where all the neat stuff comes from...hehe

"red dawn" could happen (at least in the 1980's).

On the other hand! Showstealer, I was looking forward to playing the "Red Dawn" scenario...kinda like the movie...care to make a scenario ;0)

John

Who me? I don't know, I've never really tried. Heck, why not? I'll give it a shot!

Hey man, that's the spirit! Once you've figured it out...you'll find it's a lot easier than you think...

;)

That's what I say anyway...

John the pon

Top Bottom