How do you stop this

Sukenis

the J'BOOtian Warlord
Last night I once again quite a successful game of alpha about 2/3 he way into it. I quit for the same reason I normally do, Yang.

In most every game I eventually scrap with him. In this particular game (Spartans on large map) we shared a border. We lived in peace for most of the game due to us both fighting the Believers tooth and nail. As soon as I get the Believer beaten down a good deal, Yang picks a fight and we go at it. While my Army is not as big, I have all elite units so I quickly take Yangs 5 closest cites.

This is where I quite because after that Yang hits me with 2 planet busters killing my capital and city with the best secret project. Everyone declares war on Yang and my other enemies take turns smashing him and myself.

Other than killing him right off the bat, does anyone have a way to stop Yang's tantrum planet buster attacks? Once I get orbital defense pod capable I build them, but there is a good deal of time between ODP and PB.

Please tell me if you know how to prevent this. He just seems to know he is dead so he does not care what happens to him.

For this scheme to work effectively, I make sure I have both The Empath Guild and The Space Elevator. It also works better when you're at peace.
I keep watch on all bases to see if they are bulding Planet Busters. In my games, I notice that these bases take between 25 and 75 turns to buld a PB, so I have a little time.
I have my most productive bases start building drop probe teams and strong, fast units. I drop them a couple of squares away, and send in the probe teams, and take the base. In my games, after a while, The AI gets tired of this, and stops trying to build Planet Busters.

------------------
"Shake the world beneath your feet up"
--Johnny Clegg

I wll try that I guess. Seems like a lot of work, but you do what you gotta do

Make enough cities. If you do it right, Yang killing your capital and a good second city, should feel like just another rat in the pack. If you play a game with some large cities it is very damaging when you lose two of them. If you have about thirty or forty of them the loss is only annoying. After this, kill him and make sure you do it right.

[This message has been edited by Siggy (edited July 02, 2001).]

i cant tell you how to keep him from blowing you up but maybe this will help you the reason he is declaring vendetta on u is probaly b/c he dosent "agree" w/ your socail choices so dont to any thing to your enginer in until after hes gone OR make the same chocies he makes

Top Bottom