How Will this Toshiba P750 Run Civ5? i7-2630M, GeForce 540M 1GB, 4GB DDR3 1333, Win 7

M A R K

Chieftain
i've read about 4 months of the 'will this computer...' threads - interesting info that gave me some perspective.

but, more specifically, what about this spec. the P series was just released by toshiba and i hadn't been following / found info about these relatively new components recently. primary specs of concern would be the following:

-----

Toshiba Satellite P750, overall specs (with variables noted below)

Intel® Core™ i7-2630QM processor 2.0GHz (2.90 GHz with Turbo Boost Technology), 6MB Cache

(which is based on the sandy bridge architecture, and gets relatively good reviews vs. 1st generation i7s)

NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 540M with NVIDIA® Optimus™ Technology with 1GB GDDR3 memory

Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium 64-bit, SP1

4GB DDR3 1333MHz SDRAM

500GB HDD (7200rpm, Serial-ATA)

15.6" Diagonal Widescreen HD (1366x768) TruBrite® display

-----

so, anybody have any experience with what to expect in terms of how this or similar specs may handle the game?

i'm curious what to expect in general gameplay - early and later in the game, effect of map size, graphics, etc.

as i read it, the specs exceed all 'recommended system requirements'... just curious how true that will be in the real world

:confused:

i've been waiting for a new computer and several patches to civ5 based on what i read to jump in (playing the others for years)... i think it's time. ;)

thanks in advance for any thoughts / feedback.

Graphics are sufficient (not much above minimum) and the CPU is definitely better than the recommended so it will play, turn times will be decent and graphics will be decent enough I suppose.

If you have the cash get this MAINGEAR eX-L 15

i7 2630QM 2.0GHz (same)
GTX 485M 2.0GB GDDR5 (3x the power)
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
4GB DDR3 1333MHz SDRAM
320GB HDD
15.4" 1920x1080 (way way better)
$2,065

Should run very well in my opinion. I have an Asus laptop with 4GB, Core2 Duo, and only a 240M (pretty sure that's what it is), and it runs this game just swimmingly :). I just don't go nuts with the graphic detail; I save those settings for my desktop.

Top Bottom