[GS] Korean Chronicles

Heerlo

Jedi Master Hearlo
Long-time Civer here, though I've been on a leave from the forums for a few.....years? Haven't played a whole lot of Civ recently, either. Though I used to be very active here. Some of you might remember me for my Civ 5 story from all the way back in 2012(man, I feel old now!), which was modeled after Lycerius' Eternal War from Civ 2. I didn't quite play that game for 10 years, but it was still a fun experience.

Anyhow, I've been kinda wanting to get back into Civ storytelling with the history-book style that my aforementioned story morphed into. For as long as I've had Civ6-pretty much since it came out-I really haven't played it all that much, so I'm not the best player. I've never been great at Civ games, I just enjoy getting immersed in a world and telling stories about it.

To that end, I've chosen Korea, a powerful civ(IMO)to get back into storytelling with. I hope anyone reading this enjoys the ride!

Korean Chronicles
Chapter One: The Confederation

The earliest records of Korean civilization date back to about 2800 BC. It was around this time that Protestantism(believed to be the world's oldest religion) was founded. Korean tradition says that God Himself built Stonehenge near their capital city, Gyeongju, and that is where their prophets received enlightenment. It is unclear who actually built Stonehenge, but regardless, the Korean people-and Protestant believers in particular- have always held it as sacred.

And Korean civilization was flourishing in its infancy along the banks of the Im Jin river. Although still little more than a tribe, Gyeongju was growing and the Korean chiefs were ambitious and eager to expand their control. By 2600 BC, Korea was already in contact with several city states and had begun trading with Buenos Aires.

It wasn't long before Koreans settled to the southwest of Stonehenge along the Nakdong river, hoping to secure trade in the region. This early Korean settlement, Gwangju, was somewhat independent, which made the civilization more a loose confederation than an actual nation. Buenos Aires soon joined the Korean "confederation", although even more autonomous than Gwangju. Still, the Korean people dreamed of one day ruling a vast empire.

I started a game with Korea also, as you can imagine my story is very different. Indonesia declared an early war on me but I was able to drive them off the Korean continent. I hope you do well with Korea in your parallel universe ;-)

Top Bottom