Merging with "Extra"

treehobo

Chieftain
I've been trying to figure out how to merge RevDCM into "Extra" for the last few days and I keep running into problems. I read the merging guide that came with Rev and followed everything carefully but the game crashes when it tries to load the XML files. I tried using WinMerge for the XML files that shared the same name but that didn't work either.

Would anyone be able to give me steps in detail on how to merge the XML files correctly? Thanks!

Merging mods is complex work, and with the XML it is often simply tedious to do, as you must cut and paste the differences by hand until the file has distinctly seperate portions winmerge can recognize. There simply is no easy way to do it.

Check out Legends of Revolution, you may enjoy it, and it may have what you're looking for.

If you do decide to go forward with a merge, this little tool, Civchecker, by davidlallen is invaluable. I wish it would have been around when I first started modding, would have saved me hours and hours of headache trying to track down the causes of crashes and other bugs:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=276286

I'm going to try to merge and hopefully it'll work out. I'll try out that mod if it fails.

Thanks.

I too would love to merge EXTRA into REVDCM. I have tried myself and would love to help in any way I can. I have tried with the winmerge program and have not had any luck yet. Smealgolheart is also trying with his rework in the EXTRA mod thread called "Destiny" mod. Let's all speak up and try to help each other. Any Ideas!!

Top Bottom