Mod crash on AI planetfall.

Rayki

Chieftain
Hey guys, got a problem where my mod is crashing to the desktop upon the AI making planetfall, the strange part is it doesn't seem to happen all the time.

The problem seemingly began as I added more leader data, such as icons and a leader scene for just one house at the moment.

Here's the contents of my database.log file:
Code:
[8272.811] no such table: ContentPackage.LocalizedText
[8276.102] 
-- SQLite Memory Statistics --
Memory Usage:
		[Cur]		[Max]
Malloc:		5360016		49699360
PageCache:	6		10
LookAside:	0		0
Scratch:	0		1

Static Buffer Overflows:
		[TooLarge]	[NoSpace]
PageCache:	4862760		48953352
Scratch:	0		0

Largest Allocations:
Malloc:		262144
PageCache:	1176
Scratch:	5056

Prepared Statements:
Current:		6
------------------------------
[8276.399] 
Memory Usage:
		[Cur]		[Max]
Malloc:		5361240		49699360
PageCache:	6		10

Static Buffer Overflows:
		[TooLarge]	[NoSpace]
PageCache:	4863936		48953352

Largest Allocations:
Scratch:	5056

Prepared Statements:
Current:		6
[8327.738] 
Memory Usage:
		[Cur]		[Max]
Malloc:		5619232		49699360
PageCache:	7		11

Static Buffer Overflows:
		[TooLarge]	[NoSpace]
PageCache:	5080320		48953352

Largest Allocations:
Scratch:	6256

Prepared Statements:
Current:		15

The only error I see is the first one for localizedtext and I'm unsure about what it's referring to, I get the impression it's telling me it can't find text to match something but beyond that I can't work out what.

Also attached is my current mod build.

Attachments

• Dune Houses (v 1).CivBEmod
    700.2 KB · Views: 42
That localizedtext error always happens, even when I'm not running any mods, so I reckon that's a Firaxis bug rather than one of yours.

Which means whatever's causing your crash isn't leaving any errors in logs at all :(

I had a suspicion that might be the case as that error made no sense in context to what is happening...

I'm almost of the opinion maybe something has been added/removed during the patch that I haven't accounted for...Wondering if it might be easier to build the framework from scratch again based on current game files and just copy the field data over...

If anyone can find the problem and save me all that work that'd be awesome my gratitude would be endless. :)

Btw: I have a bunch of work to do just tidying up my work, thanks to whowards example. :)

Edit: Probably unrelated...When I change the config setting to run fire tuner I get a much larger error log as it shows a lot of txt entries have incorrect naming conventions, lowercase where there should be uppercase and a few other interesting things like a bunch of Civ5 stuff that just has nothing to support it (religions, social policies, etc) and a few errors on the Emancipation and I think it was Promised Land victories, ohh and a bunch of missing unit icons. Probably means nothing but hey thought I'd mention it. :)

Edit: Probably unrelated...When I change the config setting to run fire tuner I get a much larger error log ...

Firaxis have left a LOT of errors in the XML files and quite a few in the Lua files (the most annoying being a reference to UnmoddedHealth in the Buildings table). See the logging link in my sig for the process (second part of post #1) of how to work out which errors are coming from your mod and which are courtesy of Firaxis (and/or other mods)

Why thank you kind sir, funny I didn't connect "Logging" to error logs because I've been watching Axe Men, a show about timber logging. lol Though I have to admit your sig is one of the most helpful things I've come across, along with your posts it makes for an excellent educational reference in itself. Now hopefully understanding is the first step to knowing. :)

Well to wrap this one up I never did find exactly what was causing the problem, had to write it off as a phantom glitch. I have since rebuilt the code from the updated game files and mostly copied and pasted the table data over and now it runs fine as far as I have been able to test...My next step is re-adding the units but the problem began when I started changing leader graphics last time and has since dissappeared with a re-write.

So this is solved, but not the easy way. :)

Top Bottom