Mods for a lazy person

xRandyR00x

Chieftain
Hi all, new to the forum and will start by saying I have become far too lazy

I used to mod games often and even finding a thread where someone created an excel sheet that turns your desires into sql I’m still don’t have the energy to try.

I really like Civ 6, having played since 2 (maybe 1 but I can’t remember it) and there is a lot they have put into the game that makes so much sense the main one's being districts & government policies, partly improved by the science & civics spitting out. I am wondering if anyone has similar views and might know of a good mod which builds on parts I like.

What I would have loved even more is if districts had their own build queue, as I say it I can understand why they don’t nobody put a builder in the commerce district and said from now on you only build banks at the same time a church doesn’t close down just because it now happens to be in a commerce district....., it simply runs out of money as nobody goes to a church these days and sells the property to poundland.

Also giving a builder charges does give the units a higher value and makes you need to build more but when you have terrible eyesight like me I find it hard to tell sometimes what’s been improved and what hasn’t and miss that hit automatic and the computer will go overkill on improvements in the wrong order button. Oddly the system does seem a lot better with recommendations these days I would go as far as saying I am yet to disagree with the automatic suggestion but I guess that’s partly because you put districts and wonders in spaces where there is room for doubt.

I really do like the government system but I tend not to find one that matches my playstyle usually going for whatever gives me the most yellow slots, red is used for maintenance reduction and whatever is most applicable of any remaining and green I could care less about. Some games I do go for that city state bonus but first game I played as Germany which encourages you to just conquer them made me not miss their existence at all plus my traders could build roads to my own cities, not as many rewards but makes settling and war a little faster (btw can you get traders to give the benefit to the new city rather than the one you built it in, that way developed cities speed up growth in undeveloped cities and the new city can get buildings)

I hate religion and I have felt that new games should give you a "my people can’t stand religion of any sort and want to kill anyone who tries to spread theirs" trait. I did try being religious once going full Arab for the science boost but I truly can’t be bothered, production, science, money, culture, war who has time for religion, not just the district and buildings but if you actually wanted to try and spread it you have unit cost and the time it takes to track where it’s been spread too, it’s hard enough fitting in traders for roads

Top Bottom