Need K-mod's uncompiled C++ files, Where can I get?

Cyrus of Persia

Warlord
I would like to build my mod on top of K mod and I am am making dll changes and need to recompile. So I need the K-mod enhanced SDK files so I can build my code on top of it.

Are K-mod's source files available somewhere here for me download?

If not, I am requesting it.

Please and thank you.

Because Karadoc hasn't bundled it up into a a zip file :)

You can get the latest code using subversion (or git) using the URL that can be found in the small print down the right hand side of the page I linked to:

https://github.com/karadoc/Civ4-K-Mod

That way you know you will always have the latest code

Because Karadoc hasn't bundled it up into a a zip file :)

You can get the latest code using subversion (or git) using the URL that can be found in the small print down the right hand side of the page I linked to:

https://github.com/karadoc/Civ4-K-Mod

That way you know you will always have the latest code

I just noticed that. Great thank you. I had gotten the latest k-mod through civ fanatics and it didn't have the dll folder. But its actually there in the github version. Github is a bit confusing.

Sorry about my 20 questions :rolleyes: , But I have one more.

This mod's gamecore has more C++ files than vanilla. It also has a Visual C project file and a make file. Does this mean that I can just load the project file and all the mod's files will be correctly listed in the tree?

you'll probably still need the python and boost folders from vanilla and to edit a couple of the paths in karadoc's makefile but other than that yep, just load up his project file.

Thanks for everyone giving their guidance!

I think I'm going to 'fork' karadoc's repo within the next few days, to play around and (hopefully) add interesting stuff.

(Bumping a somewhat old thread)

Hi all,

For the C++ source files (CvGameCoreDLL):

If I were to download the bundled/packed v1.41, which files would I need to replace to update to v1.42b (don't really wan't download each file one by one....)? I presume all files that were updated 9 months or less ago?

Generally if you want to keep your source code up-to-date with K-Mod changes, you should use git. (Once git is set up, you can use "git pull" to automatically merge all the new K-Mod changes with your own changes.)

Otherwise, you can see what's changed like this. (In that compare url, you can use any reference to any other reference. For example github.com/karadoc/Civ4-K-Mod/compare/v1.38...master )

I don't always remember to update the tags on github. The current tags are all there, but if at some other time the latest tags are missing, you might have to check the logs to work out which version is which.

Nice! Was trying to find some way of doing that comparison, did not know git had that built-in, thanks :D

Top Bottom