New Route: Highways

lachumproyale

Chieftain
Futzing around with ARS's Improved Movement and I'm trying to add a new type of route: Basically a road for the atomic age that acts like a railroad (needs to be built) and can give its own unique bonuses. Basically a "highway." Can't seem to get it into the game though. here's what I have:
Code:
INSERT INTO Types (Type, Kind)
VALUES
            ('ROUTE_ATOMIC_ROAD', 'KIND_ROUTE');

INSERT INTO Routes     (RouteType, Name, Description, PlacementValue, MovementValue  SupportsBridges, PlacementRequiresRoutePresent, PlacementRequiresOwnedTile, PrereqEra)
VALUES
            ('ROUTE_ATOMIC_ROAD',     'LOC_ROUTE_ATOMIC_ROAD_NAME', 'LOC_ROUTE_ATOMIC_ROAD_DESCRIPTION',                 5, .15, 'true', 'false', 'false', null);

INSERT INTO Routes_XP2     (RouteType, PrereqTech, BuildOnlyWithUnit, BuildWithUnitChargeCost)
VALUES            
            ('ROUTE_ATOMIC_ROAD',     'TECH_PLASTICS','true', 0);

INSERT INTO Route_ResourceCosts     (RouteType,         BuildWithUnitCost,     ResourceType)
VALUES
            ('ROUTE_ATOMIC_ROAD',         1,             'RESOURCE_OIL');

INSERT INTO Route_ValidBuildUnits    (RouteType,             UnitType)
VALUES
                    ('ROUTE_ATOMIC_ROAD',         'UNIT_BUILDER'),
                    ('ROUTE_ATOMIC_ROAD',         'UNIT_MILITARY_ENGINEER');

Last edited:
Got it working - the above was just a snippet and I didn't realize that something was messed up before it and it wasn't even reading this bit of code. But there were other mistakes (I hade MovementValue for some reason instead of MovementCost, and I was missing commas, had text in where boolean was needed, etc...)

So it "works" now but I'm finding that it needs art to refer to if you want it to come up on the map. Probably in over my head on this one for the time being, unless there's a way to get all the non-"BuildOnlyWithUnit" routes (ancient through modern) to just look like an ancient route, then have the highway look like a modern road, and keep the railroad as-is. Here's the code in case this ever gets stumbled onto:

Code:
INSERT INTO Types (Type, Kind)
VALUES
            ('ROUTE_ATOMIC_ROAD', 'KIND_ROUTE');

INSERT INTO Routes     (RouteType, Name, Description, PlacementValue, MovementCost,  SupportsBridges, PlacementRequiresRoutePresent, PlacementRequiresOwnedTile, PrereqEra)
VALUES
            ('ROUTE_ATOMIC_ROAD',     'LOC_ROUTE_ATOMIC_ROAD_NAME', 'LOC_ROUTE_ATOMIC_ROAD_DESCRIPTION',     6, .15, 1, 0, 0, 'ERA_ATOMIC');

INSERT INTO Routes_XP2     (RouteType, BuildOnlyWithUnit, BuildWithUnitChargeCost, PrereqTech)
VALUES            
            ('ROUTE_ATOMIC_ROAD',     1, 0,     'TECH_PLASTICS');

INSERT INTO Route_ResourceCosts (RouteType, BuildWithUnitCost, ResourceType)
VALUES
            ('ROUTE_ATOMIC_ROAD',     1,     'RESOURCE_OIL');

INSERT INTO Route_ValidBuildUnits    (RouteType,     UnitType)
VALUES
                    ('ROUTE_ATOMIC_ROAD',         'UNIT_BUILDER'),
                    ('ROUTE_ATOMIC_ROAD',         'UNIT_MILITARY_ENGINEER');

Last edited:
Top Bottom