[R&F] [Request] A mod that increase tech/civic/GP research time

KAL_MAD

Chieftain
I used a mod that increased the research time for techs/civics/GP
But now with R&F all the mods that do this don't work well with the era system; Eras end way quicker than you can research stuff. You'd still be researching your second tech when the era ends

Thanks

Would very much love to have a mod that does this well enough too! I am using the mod TimesX10 on marathon speed and huge maps, but cannot even finish researching my first tech and the first era passes. I'm not sure how these eras should pass (reading about it suggests that it is linked to what techs you research - but this cannot be right; also, I don't see how the AI could get to the next era in research so quickly since we have like 2-300 turns on our first tech).

Another thing that I would like is to be able to configure how much research the players can obtain. For example, reducing the tech generated by citizens to 10% (configurable), changing other bonuses to research, changing the Eureka percentages for both humans and AIs, diminishing returns on building more campuses (so you don't just spam that), configuring the reduction cost for older techs when eras went ahead etc. Basically, I want to generate as little research as possible and not be forced into city spamming or campus spamming. Great scientists and mountains/wonders that provide tech increase should become very important.

Probably changing the research tree a bit could also help (allow embarking for military units later, allow embarking for scouts, builders and settlers earlier, as well as adding more prerequisites to that first row of the research tree :) ).

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\DLC\Expansion1\Data
Expansion1_Eras
is the file you want to edit
Above is where a file that you can adjust resides, if you x3 the range you may get closer to what you want, use whatever numbers suit you as i suspect your mixing matching tech civic great people and calender changes from mods, making getting the scale right will be tricky.

<Eras_XP1>
<Row EraType="ERA_ANCIENT" GameEraMinimumTurns="120" GameEraMaximumTurns="180"/>
<Row EraType="ERA_CLASSICAL" GameEraMinimumTurns="120" GameEraMaximumTurns="180"/>
<Row EraType="ERA_MEDIEVAL" GameEraMinimumTurns="120" GameEraMaximumTurns="180"/>
<Row EraType="ERA_RENAISSANCE" GameEraMinimumTurns="120" GameEraMaximumTurns="180"/>
<Row EraType="ERA_INDUSTRIAL" GameEraMinimumTurns="120" GameEraMaximumTurns="180"/>
<Row EraType="ERA_MODERN" GameEraMinimumTurns="120" GameEraMaximumTurns="180"/>
<Row EraType="ERA_ATOMIC" GameEraMinimumTurns="120" GameEraMaximumTurns="180"/>

otoh 8AgesOfPacemod has a master tabe in which you can input any numbers you want that will effect tech civic great people at the same rate, also you can adjust the callender to be in line with your changes, so look at the values in the X5 x10 speed mod your using, apply them to 8 Ages mod master table ie 10 X callender mod gives you the numbers of turns in game, so take those numbers and put them into the cal;lender for 8 Ages, likewise the X5 speed tech numbers of whatever value your using.

Last edited:
Top Bottom