Retro Gamer Article: The Making of Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri

Blake00

CFC Mod Archivist & Social Media Helper
Supporter
Every month I get Retro Gamer magazine imported from the UK and was pleased to recently discover in Issue 241 that writer Adam Barnes did a nice 6 page spread on the making of Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri! This huge article contains lots of lovely pictures and interviews with Jason Coleman & Tim Train about the early days at Firaxis with Sid Meier & Bryan Reynolds making SMAC and some of the challenges they faced.

Unfortunately Retro Gamer don't usually post online versions of their articles and due to legal reasons CFC can't post full scans of their magazine article. So if any one wants to check out the article you'll need to get your hands on a back issue of issue 241. Recent back issues including 241 (Ninja Turtles on cover) can be purchased here:
https://www.magazinesdirect.com/az-single-issues/6937134/retro-gamer-magazine-single-issue.thtml
Sadly MyMagazinesDirect don't sell back issues for long though so this won't last! I also notice there's some other UK distributors selling digital back issues of Retro Gamer including 241 but I'm not sure of their legitimacy.

Here's a preview photo of the first 2 pages I took that's been made mostly unreadable...

1682344289860.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom