RevolutionDCM

need my speed

Rex Omnium Imperarium
Hello! I did stumble upon a merger of RevolutionDCM and K-Mod, known as Evolution, but that mod is critically broken and dead. So, I wondered, is there another merger? The revolutions mechanics seems like something that would be merged with this mod somewhere... But I can't find it, if it exists.

Hello!

The revolutions mechanics seems like something that would be merged with this mod somewhere...

K-Mod's alterations tend towards the conservative side i.e. tweaks of existing mechanics, rather than the implementation of new game-play concepts.

I have played both RevolutionDCM and k-mod. and can tell you that on the higher difficulties RevolutionDCM makes the game easier for the human player.

Revolutions cripple the AI giving it constant low strength enemies to attack instead of the human player. The human player can avoid revolutions fairly easily with proper play and the AI fails to to that because it was never taught to. For the novice RevolutionDCM can be harder in the opening stages but once you learn to a few tricks Revolutions turn into a giant penalty for the AI that the human can almost entirely avoid.

RevolutionDCM has a lot of great ideas but not enough work was put into the AI side of things so it makes the game too easy. K-Mod alone is a significantly more challenging and better balanced experience.

Top Bottom