[Vanilla] Several problems (Colors, Traits, Portrait)

Dunkeulbock

Chieftain
Hello dear modders !
I need your assistance to help me finish my mod, I'm in the home stretch but I can't solve the last problems I get !

Leader colors in the selection menu [SOLVED]
My leader's colors work just fine in game. It is present during the loading of the game and when I found my first city. But before that, when I have to select my civilization, my civilization's icon is blue and white and takes the colors of the last civilization my mouse hovered on the right panel.
Spoiler Leader selection menu screen :

But when I play this civilization and return to the selection screen, my leader's colors are fine. They appear perfectly.
Spoiler The colors appear just fine :

So, logically, it's because the colors are set-up during In-Game Actions, and that's true. So I copied the queries that define the colors in the SQL file that is set-up during FrontEnd Actions but it didn't work out.

Here are the queries that define my leader's color :

Code:
INSERT INTO PlayerColors
            (Type,                    Usage,        PrimaryColor,                            SecondaryColor,                            TextColor)
VALUES        ('LEADER_DKB_SCHUMAN', 'Unique',    'COLOR_PLAYER_EU_SCHUMAN_PRIMARY',        'COLOR_PLAYER_EU_SCHUMAN_SECONDARY',    'COLOR_PLAYER_WHITE_TEXT');

INSERT INTO Colors
            (Type,                                        Red,    Green,    Blue,    Alpha)
VALUES        ('COLOR_PLAYER_EU_SCHUMAN_PRIMARY',            0,        0.19,    0.6,        1),
            ('COLOR_PLAYER_EU_SCHUMAN_SECONDARY',           1,        0.8,        0,         1);

Create Traits for my Leader and my Civilization [NOT SOLVED]
I want to create traits for my civilization and for my leader.

I want my civilization to gain culture for each city-states it has suzerainty over and to gain one diplomatic slot when it has Political Philosophy. I know Pericles can help me for the first one (even though I don't know how to check if it works) and I already achieved to give the diplomatic slot to my civilization but I can't figure out how to give the bonus only when the player has Political Philosophy.

I know Persians' trait, Satrapies, work like that but I don't have the Persia and Macedon pack. All my attempts to reproduce the requirement "HAS_POLITICAL_PHILOSOPHY" have failed.
Spoiler I honestly have no idea what I'm doing :
Code:
-- GameEffects

INSERT INTO GameEffects
            (Type)
VALUES        ('REQUIREMENT_PLAYER_HAS_CIVIC');

-- Requirements
INSERT INTO Requirements
            (RequirementId,                                    RequirementType)
VALUES        ('REQUIRES_PLAYER_HAS_POLITICAL_PHILOSOPHY',    'REQUIREMENT_PLAYER_HAS_CIVIC');

-- Types
INSERT INTO Types
            (Type,                                Kind)
VALUES        ('REQUIREMENT_PLAYER_HAS_CIVIC',    'KIND_REQUIREMENT');

-- RequirementArguments
INSERT INTO RequirementArguments
            (RequirementId,                                    Name,            Value)
VALUES        ('REQUIRES_PLAYER_HAS_POLITICAL_PHILOSOPHY',    'CivicType',    'CIVIC_POLITICAL_PHILOSOPHY');

-- RequirementSetRequirements
INSERT INTO RequirementSetRequirements
            (RequirementSetId,    RequirementId)
VALUES        ('PLAYER_HAS_POLITICAL_PHILOSOPHY',    'REQUIRES_PLAYER_HAS_POLITICAL_PHILOSOPHY');
For my leader's trait, I want him to multiply all iron and coal exploited resources. (Like 1 iron mine = 2 iron resources) and I have no idea how to do that.

My leader's portrait is not showing up [SOLVED]
I know where the problem is here but I can't solve this issue by myself. My leader's portrait is not showing up on both the civilization selection screen and the loading screen. The same image is used on these screens so obviously the problem is here.
Spoiler The portrait is not showing up :

So, here is my SQL query to the Players table :
Code:
INSERT OR REPLACE INTO Players
                        (LeaderType,            CivilizationType,            CivilizationName,                LeaderName,                        CivilizationAbilityName,                                    CivilizationAbilityDescription,                                        LeaderAbilityName,                    LeaderAbilityDescription,                    CivilizationIcon,                LeaderIcon,                    CivilizationAbilityIcon,        LeaderAbilityIcon,            Portrait,                        PortraitBackground)
VALUES                    ('LEADER_DKB_SCHUMAN',    'CIVILIZATION_DKB_EU',        'LOC_CIVILIZATION_DKB_EU_NAME',    'LOC_LEADER_DKB_SCHUMAN_NAME',    'LOC_TRAIT_CIVILIZATION_DKB_IN_VARIETATE_CONCORDIA_NAME',    'LOC_TRAIT_CIVILIZATION_DKB_IN_VARIETATE_CONCORDIA_DESCRIPTION',    'LOC_TRAIT_LEADER_DKB_CECA_NAME',    'LOC_TRAIT_LEADER_DKB_CECA_DESCRIPTION',    'ICON_CIVILIZATION_DKB_EU',        'ICON_LEADER_DKB_SCHUMAN',    'ICON_LEADER_DKB_SCHUMAN.dds',    'ICON_LEADER_DKB_SCHUMAN',    'LEADER_SCHUMAN_NEUTRAL.dds',    'LEADER_SCHUMAN_BACKGROUND');
and here is the content of LEADER_SCHUMAN_NEUTRAL.tex
Spoiler LEADER_SCHUMAN_NEUTRAL.tex :
HTML:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<AssetObjects..TextureInstance>
    <m_ExportSettings>
        <ePixelformat>PF_R8G8B8A8_UNORM</ePixelformat>
        <eFilterType>FT_BOX</eFilterType>
        <bUseMips>false</bUseMips>
        <iNumManualMips>0</iNumManualMips>
        <bCompleteMipChain>true</bCompleteMipChain>
        <fValueClampMin>0.000000</fValueClampMin>
        <fValueClampMax>1.000000</fValueClampMax>
        <fSupportScale>1.000000</fSupportScale>
        <fGammaIn>2.200000</fGammaIn>
        <fGammaOut>2.200000</fGammaOut>
        <iSlabWidth>0</iSlabWidth>
        <iSlabHeight>0</iSlabHeight>
        <iColorKeyX>64</iColorKeyX>
        <iColorKeyY>64</iColorKeyY>
        <iColorKeyZ>64</iColorKeyZ>
        <eExportMode>TEXTURE_2D</eExportMode>
        <bSampleFromTopLayer>false</bSampleFromTopLayer>
    </m_ExportSettings>
    <m_CookParams>
        <m_Values/>
    </m_CookParams>
    <m_Version>
        <major>1</major>
        <minor>0</minor>
        <build>0</build>
        <revision>0</revision>
    </m_Version>
    <m_Height>1024</m_Height>
    <m_Width>702</m_Width>
    <m_Depth>1</m_Depth>
    <m_NumMipMaps>0</m_NumMipMaps>
    <m_SourceFilePath text=""/>
    <m_SourceObjectName text=""/>
    <m_ImportedTime>0</m_ImportedTime>
    <m_ExportedTime>2653771365</m_ExportedTime>
    <m_ClassName text="UserInterface"/>
    <m_DataFiles>
        <Element>
            <m_ID text="DDS"/>
            <m_RelativePath text="LEADER_SCHUMAN_NEUTRAL.dds"/>
        </Element>
    </m_DataFiles>
    <m_Name text="LEADER_SCHUMAN_NEUTRAL"/>
    <m_Description text=""/>
    <m_Tags>
        <Element text="UserInterface"/>
    </m_Tags>
    <m_Groups/>
</AssetObjects..TextureInstance>
Thanks in advance for your help ! :D

Last edited:
The missing leader's portrait issue has been solved ! I wrote the wrong EntryID and ObjectName in my UILeaders.xlp file

The leader's colors issue has been solved. I just had to create a new XML file containing this :
Code:
<Database>
    <Colors>
        <Row>
            <Type>COLOR_PLAYER_EU_SCHUMAN_PRIMARY</Type>
            <Color>0,51,153,255</Color>
        </Row>
        <Row>
            <Type>COLOR_PLAYER_EU_SCHUMAN_SECONDARY</Type>
            <Color>255,204,0,255</Color>
        </Row>
    </Colors>

<PlayerColors>
        <Row>
            <Type>LEADER_DKB_SCHUMAN</Type>
            <Usage>Unique</Usage>
            <PrimaryColor>COLOR_PLAYER_EU_SCHUMAN_PRIMARY</PrimaryColor>
            <SecondaryColor>COLOR_PLAYER_EU_SCHUMAN_SECONDARY</SecondaryColor>
        </Row>
    </PlayerColors>
</Database>

Then in both the FrontEnd Actions and the In-Game Actions I declared this file as "UpdateColors"

Top Bottom