SMAX Scenario: Sid-n-Me

Darsnan

Emperor
Premise.png

"Hello there, would you like to colonize a world with me?".

You can't believe your eyes -The Sid Meier is asking you to colonize a world with him! You stand there dumbfounded looking at the vidscreen for a second before responding, "yes, yes, absolutely yes!".

Sid smiles, nods, then says "The shuttle leaves docking bay 9 in an hour. Be on it". The line goes dead.

You immediately send out a communique to your underlings outlining the plan, then jump on packing. Twice you trip over half-packed suitcases, but you make it out the door and to the holding pen just in the nick of time. In the few spare seconds you have you check your pockets to ensure you didn't forget anything: yup, the datapad with Sid's comlink is secure in your front pocket, along with an EC chip with enough credits to buy an additional supply unit for your Faction. You start to run down the pre-boarding checklist when the bay's loading lights flash from green to red indicating the gates will open any second now, and suddenly for some reason you get a dark epiphany in the bottom of your stomach: Sid is a consummate gamer, so why in the universe would he invite you of all people? Was it because he'd seen your exceptional schooling marks as well as what you'd accomplished since entering the workforce, or what if the real reason he invited you was because he sees you as an easy mark?

The loading siren blares and immediately the gates swing open. The crush of humanity, eager for a better life on one of the colony worlds, surges forward, and your carried along like a stick in the current. There is no turning back now, the die is cast, and your fate awaits you on some planet you'd never even heard of just an hour before....

Directions:

1. In your scenarios subdirectory create a new subdirectory called "Sid_n_Me", and download and unzip the attached files into it.

2. Start Alien Crossfire, then select Scenario, Play Scenario, and load "Sid_n_Me". The game will load with you as the Peace Keepers, and then will let you choose the difficulty level you wish to play.

Note that you start the game with Sid's comlink, and while he will talk to you, be forewarned he is a wily gaming veteran, so buyer beware!

Enjoy! :)

Attachments

• Sid_n_Me.zip
    55.1 KB · Views: 162
Last edited:
Note that because this game occurs on a different world, then the rules for this game are different. There are many different units in this game, and many different tweaks to the Technology Tree: it is highly advisable you consult the Datalinks once in game so as to ensure you understand the Technology Tree and associated beelines!

Enjoy!

D

Top Bottom