Societies (Civ5 Religion Parallel)

UberCivver

Chieftain
I was doing some thinking about future features that could get added to BE, and I thought this could be a cool feature:

Societies

For conversation's sake, the closest comparison that comes to mind is religions from Civ 5.

Just some ideas:
  • Societies are linked to affinities and virtues (16 total)
  • A society can be founded after achieving X affinity points + X virtue tier
  • Each faction can only found 1 society
  • Societies are spread by representatives (missionaries)

Examples of a society:
Encyclopedists - Purity 2 + Knowledge Tier 2, +1 science from each strategic resource worked by a city (they want to catalog all knowledge)
  • +.25 science for founding faction per foreign city the Encyclopedists are the dominant society
^the thought being that while spreading the society helps you, it also helps other factions. You can keep it local or spread it around.

Again, this is just an idea and thought I would share!

I like this idea, very clever. The fact that societies are linked to virtues and affinities and thus links them together sounds cool.

I think this idea is a winner. If the society selection is timed before mid-game and has lots of tier-2 virtue-requiring flavors, then right off the bat you get replay value from pursuing different early virtue paths in combo with the different affinity paths.

I was also thinking that perhaps you can found your society at any time, but have to unlock perks you can choose from by going tall in combination with your affinity.

There could be major and minor perks, major to start, must purchase/earn/develop minor
A future UA could allow an extra minor perk
Each level of affinity/virtue could have its own set of major and minor perks

Top Bottom