Some details of Civ 1

RedKi-rr

Prince
Just wanted to ask where to find the info about how time goes and how science works. Unfortunately, I couldn't find such info in the nearest manuals or sources.

Anyway, the questions I wanted to ask.

1) In Civ1, after 1AD the numbers of beakers need for an advances is doubles. Any other similar dates? Do there exist such dates in Civ2 (as I remember, no)?

2) It looks like timeline doesn't depend on difficulty. And it starts like 20 years for each turn, at least up to 1 AD. Of course, everything can be checked in game...But may be there is somewhere some info similar to Civ 2.

Another remark. The size of the world is 50x80 (similar to normal size in Civ 2). At some point I even compared it with size in Civ 3 and Civ 4 as well. What I remember, the size in Civ 3 is relatively big and for Civ 4 is relatively small (for normal).

Such details are usually not interested, and usually need go deep in the forums to found out something from this.

1) 1750 is certainly such a date. I don't think there are others. *
2) After 1000AD time slows down to 10 years per turn, after 1500AD turns become 5 years, they are 2 years after 1750 and 1 year after 1850. If you launch a spaceship between 1750 and 1850, turns will also start counting for just 1 year, which will result in a buggy replay that shows the game going on for longer than it actually did because the replay only counts the turns and not the years, autosaves will also come earlier than expected.

*EDIT: Actually, I'm kind of wrong about this. The last post in thread sheds a bit more light on the lightbulb issue: How many bulbs need for the current tech ? | CivFanatics Forums

Last edited:
Thanks a lot! Such simple game is as hard as hell.:) Especially the strange number of beakers needed for the discovery (14*n on Emp. is just very rough number). And also the missed discovery when the last city builds something. But...with all these arctifacts I love Civ1 even more, contrary to Civ2, say.
At 1 AD the number of beakers is doubled. At 1000AD there appeats another 50% of needed beakers, as I know. So, probably in 1750AD something is added, never payed attention to research at that times...

Top Bottom