Star Trek tech tree

Flamand

The Visible Elder!
Tech tree discussions go here...

I figured I would get things started off with a bang. :D

Romulan Cloaking Technology. Only the Romulans and Orion Pirate Cartels can use the Cloak technology before the Next Gen era, and after ONLY if the Romulan or Orion player trades it away. So for example, Klingon ships with cloaking ability are ONLY available if the Romulans or Orions trade cloaking tech to them. The versions without cloaks will still be available, only not with the cloak ability.

Start with;

Simple Cloaking---->Extended Duration---->Unlimited Duration---->Strategic Duration----with Fastest Fade and Dreadnaught Cloak-> Hidden Cloak----> Next Gen Cloaking

Simple Cloaking---->With Cruisers---->Cruiser Cloaks---->With Dreadnaughts->DN Cloaks---->with Starbases---->SB Cloaks

Simple Cloaking---->Fast Fade---->Faster Fade---->Fastest Fade----> With Multi Role Shuttles---->Cloaked Decoy

Simple Cloaking; Only frigates and smaller ships can use cloaking tech. Defenses of early Cloaked ships halved while cloaked. Very inefficient version of cloak, easy to spot with motion sensors. Only Romulans and Orions can research Cloak technology. By defenses I mean actual hull points or strength points. Will be hard to hit but if hit not hard to destroy, to reflect no shields active.

Extended Duration; Defenses only reduced by two.

Strategic Duration; Defenses normal

Cruiser Cloaks; Cloaked Cruiser sized ships now available.

Dreadnaught Cloaks; DN sized cloak ships now available.

Starbase Cloaks; Cloak equipped SB's now available.

Fast Fade; Actual defense increased by two points.

Faster Fade; Defense increased by another two points.

Fastest Fade; Defense increased by another two points.

Cloaked Decoy; MRS Shuttle deployed with cloak decoy, Increases defenses by three points.

Hidden Cloak; the best defensive upgrade available to Cloak using races, defenses doubled.

Next Gen Cloaks; I have no idea what to do from here on as the Next Gen is not my strengths. So others suggest away. :bs

:nuke: Cheers, Thorgrimm :nuke:

Plasma tech tree

Start with---->Plasma-F Plasma-G which leads to--->

Plasma R Torpedoes---> with rest of plasma tech tree----> Next Gen plasma Torps

Plasma-S Torps--->Plasma-D Torps--->Plasma-D Racks---> Starbase Plasma-D Racks

Minor Plasma Enhancements--->with 4th level ECCM->built in ECM--->Pseudo Torps--->Self Guiding Torps--->Destroyed Launch Tubes Launching---> Swivel Mounts

Minor Plasma Enhancements---Major Plasma Enhancements

Major Plasma Enhancements--->Plasma Shotgun--->Enveloping Torps--->Plasma Bolts

Plasma F & G; Ships can have either Plasma F or Plasma G, but not both till larger ships and refits are researched

Plasma G; G type torps can now be upgraded to Plasma S Torps

Plasma R; Ships using the Plasma R Torps are now available

Plasma D; Refit that increases a ships anti-fighter strength

Plasma D Rack; further upgrade to anti-fighter strength

Starbase Plasma D Racks; Starbase upgrade to anti-air strength.

Built in ECCM; Increase plasma using races attack strength.

Pseudo Torpedoes; Increase plasma using races attack strength.

Self-Guiding Torpedoes; Increase plasma using races attack strength.

Destroyed tube Launch; Increase plasma using races attack strength.

Swivel mounts; Increase plasma using races attack strength.

Plasma Shotgun; Increases anti-air strength

Enveloping Plasma Torpedoes; Largest increase to plasma users attack strength.

Plasma Bolts; small increase in attack strength

Next Gen Torps. I have no idea what to do after this. :D

NOTE: The 4th level of ECCM is ONLY required for the Built in ECCM for the trop, not the rest of that branch.

Here is what I think the races I know about should have as starting techs;

Federation; Proximity Fuze, Type G Drone racks
Klingons; DERFACS, Range 22 Disruptors
Romulan; Cruiser Cloaks, Extended Duration Cloaks.
Ferengi: Rules of Aquisition, Gold Pressed Latinum Production
Pirates of Orion; Stealth Bonus, Impulse Engine Doubling
Cardassians; I have no idea
Borg; I have no idea

Very elaborate and complete tech trees! :goodjob:

One question I want to put in the group: do we make techs very expensive (long research times) so you have the time to build all these units, or do we reduce the number of techs?

A long epic mod has it's appeal, but I guess to keep realism we shouldn't upgrade starships (or only limited to related models).

Very elaborate and complete tech trees! :goodjob:

One question I want to put in the group: do we make techs very expensive (long research times) so you have the time to build all these units, or do we reduce the number of techs?

A long epic mod has it's appeal, but I guess to keep realism we shouldn't upgrade starships (or only limited to related models).

Personally, I like epic where it takes time for technology to be developed and I get some time to play with all the toys. :D

And thanks, I will try and get some more done. I will try and get the Photon and Disruptor tech trees done next. :) Then after that, the Warp movement and power chain.

So long and slow it is, perhaps in months or so... Is there a maximum nr of turns in a game?

So long and slow it is, perhaps in months or so... Is there a maximum nr of turns in a game?

Yeah 1000 turns. So you could still have 6 month turns and get 500 years of time passage.

This is the description of one of the early M/AM Warp reactors.

It will be requisite for certain light and early ships.

Subspace Warp Reactor IA

Although antimatter had become a popular plot device in "scientifiction" (an extinct literary genre) of the 20th century and had been produced in minute quantities by the turn of the 21st century, practical M/AM reactors were long considered no more than a dream. However, in 2139 researchers at the Vulcan Academy of Sciences and the UE Institute for High-Energy Physics at Tsukuba, Japan, jointly developed the Richardson-Tachikawa process for the mass production of antimatter. With this process, researchers could finally obtain antimatter in sufficient quantities to begin construction of Colossus, a prototype M/AM reactor, which came on-line at the UESN Propulsion Laboratory's Argyre Planitia research station in 2147. Although Colossus was successful, it weighed an estimated 250,000 tons and sprawled over some 5 hectares of Martian desert. Obviously, considerable refinement was necessary before an M/AM reactor could power a ship's warp drive. However, by 2152 a reactor (SSWR-IA) had been constructed with a weight of 30,000 tons and a volume of 4,000 cubic meters, just small and light enough to be mounted in a starship. On September 4, 2154, the M/AM technology demonstrator Little Nell was towed from Utopia Planitia UESN Yards to the Jupiter flight range, where it made Earth's first M/AM-powered warp flight.

Information provided by The Starfleet Museum and Masao Okazaki

Very (very) well written, and not a semi-colon in the whole thing; overusing semi-colons is a bad habit of mine. I look forward to seeing the rest!

The Starfleet Museum has some outstanding information on the Pre-UFP days of the UE. So expect a lot of great information coming from that source. :)

I know we said we were not going to add the Tholians till later, but me and my approach to game modding I went ahead and did up a quick Tholian Web tech tree. :D

Here is the small tech tree concerning Tholian Webs and their usage.

Start-----------> Web Generators which lead to;

Web Spinner---->Web Anchor--->then with Freighters--->Web Tender--->Asteroid Anchors

Stronger Web--->Strongest Web--->with Ph Pen Web Casters---> Snare Refit

Web Casters--->Web Fist then with Snare Refit----> Next Gen webs

Globular Web--->Phaser Penetration--->

Web Generator; Tholian Ships that can use web generators become available, but only to lay linear web, point to point. Base and Planetary defenses are normal strength now. Note: Non-Tholian races can never research any Tholian techs, even if they have purchased or captured Tholian ships.

Stronger Web; Base and Planetary defenses are 1.5 times normal.

Strongest Web; Base and Planetary defenses are 2 times normal.

Web Anchor; May now construct Forts.

Web Tender; Unit that constructs forts now available.

Asteroid Anchors; Quicker fort construction.

Globular Web; Increases the defenses of Tholian Ships.

Phaser penetration; Increases attack strength while defending.

Web Caster; Ships using the Web Caster heavy weapons are now available along with ship upgrades to use Web Casters.

Web Fist; increases attack of Tholian Ships.

Snare Refit; Increases the defenses of Tholian Ships.

Advanced Webs; mainly in case others have ideas to expand the Tholian Web Techs.

All this is my first thoughts, so is no way set in stone. So suggest away. :D

:nuke: Cheers, Þórgrímr :nuke:

Looks good, but animating those webs in civ format is going to be a challenge... :eek:

Top Bottom