Starships: Harmony vs Supremacy vs Purity

s0nny80y

Emperor
Harmony heals the flagship on shore leaves.
Supremacy grants a starting wonder (wonders identified as game changers, rule breakers, assymetric unique advantage).
Purity grants more reward after every completed mission.

Initially I considered Supremacy as the way to go, but considering how some missions are limited to the flagship, I am now inclined to believe perhaps harmony in Starships is supreme. Harmony in BE was already optimal since miasma is part of the starting environment with a low opportunity cost and major advantage for the players who exploit it.

Oh yeah, and supposedly BE will transfer to Starships...I'm guessing the number of cities and their output will be translated into Starships, leading me to believe ARC is optimal for the sake of flipping cities and retaining their output for Starships although I also like Brasilia since the extra starship can be stripped for energy to upgrade the flagship and second in command ship, as well as serving a secondary function as an additional flanker and anti-stealth forward scout for fighters launched from long range.

http://civilization.wikia.com/wiki/Supremacy_%28Starships%29
Barre
The leader Barre (Benevolent) reduces the cost of cities by 25%

Bolivar (Starships)

Bolivar
The leader Bolivar (Warrior) starts with an additional starship.

Elodie (Starships)

Elodie
The leader Elodie (Charismatic) causes crew morale to increase by 10%

Fielding (Starships)

Fielding
The leader Fielding (Economist) generates 50 credits per city each turn.

Hutama (Starships)

Hutama
The leader Hutama (Diplomat) always gets a first visit influence bonus.

Kavitha (Starships)

Kavitha
The leader Kavitha (Humanitarian) starts with one extra city.

Kozlov (Starships)

Kozlov
The leader Kozlov (Industrialist) increases metals production by 25%

Sochua (Starships)

Sochua
The leader Sochua (Progressive) starts with two random tech upgrades.

Um, according to yesterday's video, credit can buy wonders and influence (influence leads to fuller utilization of planetary resources) as well as offer the opportunity to utilize the market for resources needed.

Moderator Action: Moved to All Other Games

I wanted to add that the harmony affinity seems to ensure that the strongest link of a fleet remains ready to tackle missions limited to the flagship only. Just as well, if you had to invest in one ship insured to persist throughout the game then the harmony affinity is that insurance.

Since you have a single fleet and it can't be destroyed, the healing on shore leave is useless i think.

Question: Why does the Supremacy fighters use what I believe is the Herald model whereas the Harmony fighters use Shrike model? It seems a bit unfair. IMO Supermacy should get Seraph model for its fighters.

Question: Why does the Supremacy fighters use what I believe is the Herald model whereas the Harmony fighters use Shrike model? It seems a bit unfair. IMO Supermacy should get Seraph model for its fighters.

I assume they just picked the one that they thought looked best with the actual ships.

No canon faction interaction, no connecting quotes, no apparent
"winner" like SMAC. In fact, the intro implies that the player faction was the only one to arrive to their planet.

solitairechamp.biz

Top Bottom