Steve Strayer's Fascism Patches

erinharkiewicz

Chieftain
For years and years, my husband has absolutely loved playing Civ II and Civ III with the fascism patches created by Steve Strayer which were available until just a few weeks ago on a web site on CompuServe OurWorld. I know they were still available because we started the process of ordering a new computer (ours is very old) then, and my husband actually checked to see if the site was still there to make sure he would be able to get the patches when he reinstalled Civ II and Civ III. Sadly, it didn't occur to us at that time to download the patches and archive them somewhere we would know how to find them - and when I went to look up the website now that our new computer has arrived, I get the message that the CompuServe OurWorld service was shut down permanently at the beginning of July. My husband is completely heartbroken. Is there anyone out there smarter than us who has archived these patches in such a way that they could find them and share them with us? Or does anyone know if Steve Strayer has a new website? (or Mr. Strayer, might you be out there somewhere? if so, I beg you to help me!)

Catfish - thank you for the suggestion, but the links on the CFC Download section for this patch are just links to the now defunct site, so unfortunately that doesn't work.

But thanks

Does anybody have the MGE version (fascgold.zip v1.11)? I just reinstalled civ2 and I can't picture myself playing without what is probably the best modpack that enhances the gameplay instead of completely altering it... sadly the webpage just disappeared :(

I finally found a solution in another forum.

The internet wayback machine has a copy of the website including all the patch variants here.

Here is all the fasc patches for the different versions of Civ2
(Included is his Civ 3 patch as well).

Attachments

• SteveFacPatchAll.zip
    4.9 MB · Views: 411
Top Bottom