Term 5- Operations HQ- Army of Fanatikos

Welcome, to the third official Operations HQ for the Military of Fanatikos. Here all important threads about foreign conflicts will be posted as will up to date reports on our nations army. You can also give me suggestions and comment on my actions in this thread.

Minister of Defense: vikingruler
Deputy: ???

Current Operations:

I circled the Knights because they are cleary our strongest unit and should spearhead all city attacks. We should also debate their distribution in the Roman war the most. The sword is circled because he won't be upgraded so we can get MGL. Since he will probably die if he fights a pikeman he should be used to pick of enemy units on the way to cities. The text box says what units are on the screen but I couldn't get in the screenshot.

There has been a lot of discussion on war with Rome to obtain saltpeter and/or deny it to others. Please prepare an estimate of the forces required to take various Roman cities and defend ourselves against any counterattacks. This will help us all decide what objectives are reasonable.

It would also be nice to know all the places we could expect to see Roman troops near our lands.

TimBentley said:
After finishing a university on turn 5 (that should take care of the border conflict with Cologne), Berlin can produce a few trebuchets every two turns. How many trebuchets would you like before it starts on a bank?

I believe with the Roman war right around the corner trebuchets will play a big part in softening enemy defenders. Therefore, I feel that 3 trebuchets will be sufficents from Berlin.

DaveShack said:
There has been a lot of discussion on war with Rome to obtain saltpeter and/or deny it to others. Please prepare an estimate of the forces required to take various Roman cities and defend ourselves against any counterattacks. This will help us all decide what objectives are reasonable.

It would also be nice to know all the places we could expect to see Roman troops near our lands.

I don't believe that the goal of a Roman war will be to neccesarily destroy them. Rather, weaken them, take a city with Saltpeter and hopefully keep them weak. I will start a thread and outline a basic war plan either today or tommorow.

Minister vikingruler,

On behalf of the Designated Players for this term, I wish to bring a small concern to your attention - the detail of the instructions.

Designated Players take the instructions given by the leaders, and execute them in the game. In order for this to happen reliably, those instructions need to be fairly detailed. Without that detail, the DP must make judgements and often goes against the actual desires of the leader, leading to unpleasant situations.

In your current instructions, you have several vague instructions ("keep 2-4 in reserve" (keep exactly how many? keep what type of troops? keep them where?), "Station troops in Augean Stables, Besancon, Berlin and a few in Civatonia (sp)") In those cases, you do give the DP discreption, but the DP is now forced to worry about the distribution, and hope that their distribution matches your eventual plans for the war.

Minister vikingruler, please consider giving the DP the detailed instructions that make our life easier. As we prepare for the upcoming conflict, these details are critical to ensure that your plans are correctly executed as envisioned.

Thanks,
-- Ravensfire

I apologize and will change my instruction immediatley.
-Minister of Defense, vikingruler​

Minister vikingruler,

I wish to bring to your attention a Roman Settler 2 South of Neapolis that needs to be prevented from settling in the old Marseille region. We may not be able to stop settling completely but we should at least be able to force them to settle further away from our borders than Marseille was.

there is another Settler 2 N of Besancon. I do not know which direction either of these settlers have come from or are going.

You may wish to request to use of some Slave workers for blocking duty until we go to war.

Berlin will finish its bank on turn 7. It could then produce trebuchets every two turns, or produce a barracks in two turns then produce knights every four turns. What would be your preference? Once saltpeter is connected, the micromanagement would work out much nicer for cavalry production than cannon production.

Definitley knights. Our trebuchets are defenseless and can only help us so much. We have 11 which is more than enough, we need knights who can take cities and finish off weakened muskets.

Minister vikingruler,

I am greatly concerned that, on the eve of war, we don't have a concrete plan of attack, nor any discussion that has been updated with the recent information. What we need are plans to the same details as we saw for the French War.

When may we expect the start of the final planning discussion?

-- Ravensfire

ravensfire said:
Minister vikingruler,

I am greatly concerned that, on the eve of war, we don't have a concrete plan of attack, nor any discussion that has been updated with the recent information. What we need are plans to the same details as we saw for the French War.

When may we expect the start of the final planning discussion?

-- Ravensfire

I appreciate your concern to ease your fears I will be posting a new thread momentarily.

Minister vikingruler

In the last session excluding elite troops, all the Knights were upgraded to Cavalry, all the Trebuchet to Cannon and all but one Hoplite have been upgraded to Muskets. The one remaining Hoplite could be upgraded this turn.

I positioned the troops as best I could from the plans availible. There are differences, in the West the more powerful Crusaders are used in preference to MI which have been left on blocking duty and the cannon have been stacked with the slow Crusdaers to enable the Cavalry to move quickly. The Eastern forces have been split into 2 blocks to go for Hispalis and Ravenna. There are very few Roman troops in our territory but a few Cavalry have been left in Berlin to deal with attacks from the south. There are also a few Cavalry left in Styx/Priapos to deal with landings in that region by Japan. There are a couple more Cavalry/Crusaders unmoved this turn. I have posted screenies in the turnchat thread and in the Roman war thread. You will note that the German cities are falling to Rome and we are likely to get more invaders from the South. Please review the troop dispostitions and make any final adjustments and changes to the plans before we declare war which could be as early as turn 0 of the next session if you are satisfied our troops are ready.

I second Furiey's request. If you can't find the time to come up with detailed Instructions, you might want to trust the DP with the authorization to move our forces at will or using any plans discussed as guidelines.

I appreciate your request Furiey and want to commend you on your excellent job as DP. Hopefully peace with Japan can be achieved and those cavs added to the attack group on Rome. The Roman attack on Germany has a negative and positive effect. The negative being the Romans can now engage us on two fronts while the positive is that a large portion or the entire army is in Germany fighting. Our window of oppurtunity is closing, we must seize Rome ASAP and then retreat all available troops not defending Rome to a position to attack the Roman army wishing to take back their capital. As for the Western side of our Empire I will have to look at the save but since the Western front isn't as pressing at the Eastern, more cavs should be moved over to the East while the crusaders hobble over to their designated cities.

Our Army Cant Compete With The Roman Army.
We Have To Take Rome Fast, Or They Will Flood In And Kill Off Our Workers And Grind Our Stacks Down.
We Cant Take Them Yet.
We Cant Cover Enough Ground To Hold Them Off Long Enough To Take Rome, And The Leaders Want To Raze Other Major Cities Too.

Top Bottom