Term 8 Governor of West Licentia

ilr_18

Chieftain
The State of West Licentia currently has three cities: Abydos, Constitution Falls and Old Sarai. However that is likely to change because the states are getting realigned this term.

My goal this term is to get the population of Constituation Falls and Old Sarai up by one. This will increase production and our economy. In Abydos I want to finish the market asap, then try to get the happiness up by one or two. I might starve the people to increase production but only one will be lost. And once I can get the happiness up by one the city will start to grow again.

All cities need a mayor, therefore postions are open, I dont expect anyone to become mayor, right now there are still a couple of Governors needed.
Old Sarai-robboo
Const. Falls-vacant

Attachments

• cityabcdk7.jpg
    cityabcdk7.jpg
    277.1 KB · Views: 178
  • citycfcke6.jpg
    citycfcke6.jpg
    296.9 KB · Views: 230
  • cityoscuc1.jpg
    cityoscuc1.jpg
    294.4 KB · Views: 222
ilr...I was mayor of Old Sarai. We had a plan in place to make it into a pretty good blanced city of self suffiecent commerce and very nice production with every tile being worked.

IF you want to I can link to my plan on whomps thread about 2 terms ago. I can serve as mayor now also since its not an official position that is up to you. Either way i will provide the plan to you...( I have to look for it)

I accept, you are mayor of Old Sarai. If you can get me a plan then that would be great. So far it is good with production. If you look at the screen shot (3rd one), my idea is to finish the horse archer then switch the worker on the mine (1E) to the farm (1W) and if I can get a hand of a worker then i want to irrigrate one of the jungles south of old sarai and then put a cottage somewhere.

The orginal plan call for no more cottages...it will never be a commerce city its future lies in production due to the iron and hills. It need more food in order to work all the tiles before biilogy kicks in. Everything left needs to be farmed or mined. I am looking for the thread now.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=173364
post number 11 copied to here

I have a plan for OS..with this plan you will get 41 food, 31 hammers and 12 commerce( which grows to up to 20 or more depending on tech/civics). All the tiles are worked. I would start by eliminating the jungles and farming the 3 southern most river bordered tiles

here is how...No more cottages all other Freshwater tiles(6 grassland and 1 plains) become farms, and mine all the hills( 8 hills, 1 iron). We could trade hammers for lower population and more cottages and make this into a small commerce city of population 11 with 9 cottages, 1 farm, 1 lake tile, about 11 hammers and enough food to support 13 population only.

I think the first choice with 20 population is a self sufficent( enough commerce to cover costs) production city is the better choice. Especially since we are near the borders.

Cottages planted now will never reach full growth by the time we need them. We do better gogin production then switching teh production to research here. If we were financial then I would go that route. This is a interior city and a frontier city. It need production to give troops in either the Russian or German fronts in case of war. It can also give units to the oceans for sea transport. We were planning this before the war and things got side tracked. Your call...but thats my suggestion.

Great plan. Your right about the cottages, it would take to long for them to grow into something worth while. However I dont know if I will be able to get a worker anytime soon. But if I can get a worker then ill chop a jungle and put a farm there. When the jungle is being removed Ill have the city work on a forge. Then the next jungle thats chopped the city will work on a granary.

Sounds good....there is a trick to granary timing to get the most benefit without losing any carryover.. When the time comes we may "slow down" the production..even throw a few turns into something else. I have a link somewhere with a spreadsheet...I will let you know when to do the slow down.

Ok. OS might need to build a granary first I took a look at the city again and realized that with the forge being built it will add 1 unhealthy face. Plus the growing population will add more unhealthy faces. Also the sooner we build it the better. It will only take 10 turns to complete so it will be constructed before the next growth.

Forge first..we have gems..adds a happy face gives an unhealthy. Forge will increase how fast the granary is built. The granary will probably only need to be delayed by a turn or two. Dont sweat unhealths..they only eat more. Unhappies dont work..lazy dam hippies.( say it in your best Cartman voice) Besides..growth is stagnant now..we can control the pop growth by chaning tiles around.

Forge will be built first, forgot about that extra happy face. LoL South Park is the best. In order to chop jungles I still need a worker. Hopefully I can get one

Top Bottom