Trade Discussion $2: We've Got Nothing

Stuck_as_a_Mac

Aptenodytes forsteri
I regret to inform you that there are no lucrative trades this turn. Russia is up Nationalism on us and has no intention of trading it. The only doable deal would be between us and the French, but it involve Military Tradition (which I do not wish to trade at this point)

I hope Oct will be able to get the RBO post up, else there will be no Trade Instructions.

SaaM

We have expiring trades on turns 1 and 4 for a large amount of gpt. If we have no more trades then we will need to cut back on science or go into deficit spending.

What is your objection to considering a trade of Military Tradition? It could net us huge profits and one of our rivals is bound to research it eventually. I would like to request that Trade consider this possibility for a turn 1 or a turn 4 trade.

Thanks - MOTH

MOTH- the rival who would pay the most for it (or the only one who would pay anything for it) is Joan. While I love milking the Joanie cow, there should be limits when it comes to giving her technology that makes it so she can gain new weapons (to possibly be used against us)

SaaM

Stuck_As_a_Mac said:
I regret to inform you that there are no lucrative trades this turn. Russia is up Nationalism on us and has no intention of trading it. The only doable deal would be between us and the French, but it involve Military Tradition (which I do not wish to trade at this point)

I hope Oct will be able to get the RBO post up, else there will be no Trade Instructions.

SaaM

Excuse me, sir. A couple questions:

1) Did you use Civ III or PTW to determine there are no doable trades?

2) What if some of us (you, know citizens - remember us?) want to sell military tradition? BTW, Joan will give us 132 gpt and 216 g for it, though this will probably be more or less on a Mac in PTW,

3) What about peddling our maps?

4) How about selling banking to Cesar cheap? Maybe then he can save some gold up to buy techs from us at a good price.

5) What about importing spices from the Aztecs or Russians?

6) How about selling gems to the Chinese?

7) How about exporting silks or silks to America?

8) How about importing dyes from America?

9) How about importing Russian spices? Giving them military tradition could help balance China's power.

@ donsig: lux trades are the RBO.
And I used Civ3. And no, I did not map trade (as we still want our AI to be as clueless as possible_

But the trading Mil Tra is a big one. Thats what I got as well. If there is significant public intrerest in doing this (and as of now, it seems like there is), I will poll it.

SaaM
MoT

Is there support for trading Military Tradition? I would favor trading it on turn 1 or turn 4.

Stuck stated he didn't want to trade it.

I think Donsig stated a preference for this to be discussed and/or polled (but didn't state if he was in favor). Donsig confuses me :(

My count is 1-1-1

This is the discussion thread, so....

What do other citizens think about trading Military Tradition?

Here's a thought:

When we get Steam Power in 6 (or 7-8) Turns, I reevaluate the Trade situation and see what Cathy wants for Nationalism. Then we report to the People if she's willing to part with it for anything.

Of course, that would lead to Discussion $3.

I say we trade MT to the French, if only to make the game more interesting.

Also, I hear tell that Domestic plans to fly some pretty hefty checks to prop up the future FP city of Yatta(Temple, Courthouse). So we will need some kind of income to offset the costs stemmed from the poor decision of choosing a Cavalry Army over an FP rush.

Powerful! :ninja: Resolute! :hammer: Broke. :confused: (sound familiar?) :lol:

What in Heavan's name is the RBO?

TO clarify matters, for 132 gpt I'd sell Joan Miltary Tradition.

Ginger_Ale said:
RBO = Resource Barter Office

It's the deputy's office.

OK. How is the Trade Ministry going to handle deals that involve resources AND techs? Do I go to the RBO to talk about those or do I come here? :confused:

Sir Donald III said:
Here's a thought:

When we get Steam Power in 6 (or 7-8) Turns, I reevaluate the Trade situation and see what Cathy wants for Nationalism. Then we report to the People if she's willing to part with it for anything.

Of course, that would lead to Discussion $3.

First I want to point out that with some current deals about to expire we will either have to lower the science rate a bit (and postpone getting steam power a few turns) or run a deficit to get steam power in six turns.

The Russians currently want the following for nationalism:

Military Tradition
Gems
Silks
340 gpt
2206 g
World Map

How much cheaper do you think the price will be in 8 turns?
I think we're better off selling military tradition now. The French are no threat to us. If they attack us with cavalry Joan end up lilke Ceasar and Hiawatha.
In addition to selling military tradition to the French we can sell it to Russia as well. Cathy can only pay 33 g and spices but giving her military tradition now might well keep Mao from annexing a good part of Russia.

Actually, giving Cathy Military Tradition will allow her to annex China's Homeland.

Cossacks anyone?

Sir Donald III said:
Actually, giving Cathy Military Tradition will allow her to annex China's Homeland.

Cossacks anyone?

That would be a bad thing? We can sell military tradition to China as well. Mao will currently pay:

11 gpt
84 g
World Map

In four turns one of our deals with China ends and Mao's income will go up 53 gpt. I'm sure we could get more than 11 gpt then. Perhaps the thing to do is sell military tradition to France, China and Russia after the turn four deals expire. If doing so starts a war between Russia and China do we really care?

Alright. It looks like there is indeed sufficient interest in trading MilTra to Joan, so it will be polled. As for the Russia/China thing, they dont pay enough. Donsig makes a point that in 4 turns we can get it for more from Mao, but those 4 turns will not be plotable. As for giving it to Russia, that would be the FAO, but I'd be willing to step in and say that giving MT to Cathy for whatever she offers to protect her would be a decent idea (and be fun to watch too)

So the poll would be as follows:
YES (On All Issues)
NO (On All Issue)
YES (All issues but Cathy/MT)
NO (All issues but Cathy/MT)
YES (All issues but Mao/MT)
NO (All issues but Mao/MT)
YES (Alll issues but Joan/MT)
NO (All issues but Joan/MT)
ABSTAIN (I voted for Nader)

This covers every base. Mao/MT and Cathy/MT would be for the DP to check the trades on T5 and see what's the best they have to offer, then accept it.
The Joan offer would be the one state above (132gpt, 216g)

Anyone have any probles (other than the Nader jab) ?

Top Bottom