Turn Session: July 20th

Mayor of H-Marker Lake
Some things to consider for this turn set:

• Copper We can now hook up the copper, lots of barb activity there though so I’ll protect them with the new archer and put the warrior back in the city.
  • Production Coppack will build another archer this turn set. Babylograd will finish an archer next turn and is already at its happy cap so workers (7 turns) or settlers (12 turns) are good choices. We need more workers to start some cottages and roads to our next city. I have marked site A for reference but have not carefully considered the quality of that location yet. We also need some name suggestions.
  • Expansion South is the best option at the moment. The north is dangerous, unexplored and full of jungle that we can’t yet chop. The south is on a river our neighbors keep the barbs away but Joao is currently in first place and Khan is only slightly ahead of us but very aggressive. I’ve marked location A just to start discussions. After border expansion it will have cows and gold and 3 flood plains, it also has 3 deserts and a mountain.
  • Technology We will need Iron working (21) soon not just so can start planning for iron but also so we can improve jungle tiles near Coppack. But for right now I’d prefer writing (11 turns). It allows open border so we can start improving relations with our neighbors and maybe Joao will send us some missionaries.

Attachments

• wide angle0000.JPG
    wide angle0000.JPG
    148.6 KB · Views: 206
  • next city0000.JPG
    next city0000.JPG
    168.3 KB · Views: 236
  • Prince Civius BC-1750.CivBeyondSwordSave
    158.1 KB · Views: 214
Very good to see life once more here!

Everything looks good to me and I agree with all above suggestions, though one thing is missing. At the moment, the Demo-game is working without government including a lack of Tsar. Therefore, I think that we should use the current situation to the advantage of Democracy Game IV by getting a "Come check this out" notice on the home page of the forums. That way we can bring new people into the game.

Play it and they will come. I'll work up a post for the democracy main page.

Welcome back all, but honestly your input could be a little more helpful. Somebody at least double check that city location.

And I'd also like to get an early start on the painful city naming process. Trying to find some link between Babylon and Cossaks is not easy, but here are some Russian transliterations of old Armenian village names to consider:

Daralagiaz
Delijan
Zangezur
Megri
Nor-Bayazet
Parnbak-Lori
Erivan
Echeniadzian

I like Megri because its short.

Copper: Great! Let's spam axemen! :)joke:)
Production: Tough choice, but I'd say build the settler first.
Expansion: I disagree respectfully. There are a few spots in the north. Plus it's coastal. If we build a warrior in Coppak or Babylograd a city in the north wouldn't be a waste of a settler. However, if you are intent on settling the south then I think one tile below A would be more beneficial.
Technology: I agree with all points.

Overall, great turn session, I'm trying to improve my activity like you asked. :)

I'm trying to improve my activity like you asked. :)

Excellent work! I'll have a closer look at the save on Monday but where in the north did you think we should settle? Defences are pretty thin right now so going south still seems best too me.

Anywhere in the north looks good. Fertile grassland+ a coastal tile= great city. But here's a suggestion. Placed near a river, within radius of bananas. I know it's jungle, but it's food. Production may be a problem however. But once we get that city up to size we may consider lumbermills.

Civ4ScreenShot0074.JPG
Screenshot showing my city suggestion, labeled 'B'.

Civ4ScreenShot0075.JPG
Screenshot showing a closer view of the city, with bare map turned on so you can see the terrain and resources easier. In fact, the land up there is so abundant with resources we should settle a second city up there. Just a suggestion, however. :)

Of course, if we're going with coastal, then we can just move it one up and one left. That way it'd be very healthy with bananas, fresh water from the river, and the ocean.

Copper: Very much agreed with civplayah
Production: My vote is for Settler
Expansion: I like that location and don't see reason to settle north right now.
@civplayah- I don't see how moving a tile north would be more beneficial. Otherwise we would loose the cows.
Tech.: Writing sounds great to me!

@Civplayah, but due to jungle and barbs I really don't see how that site is possible for our next city. Settling to the south for now moves us closer to Joao II of the Inca, who is in first place and hopefully a long term ally, and maybe steals land from Kublai Khan of Germany who is only slightly ahead and a potential early target.

Expanding northward along the river will be high on the list next turn set I think.

1750BC
Workers and archer move toward copper, warrior returns to Coppacks.
Scouts explores east of Babylograd.

1725BC
Babylograd finishes archer, heads south toward new city site, and starts settler.
Workers start copper road.

1700BC
Road finished, start mine.

1675BC
Scout locates Tokugawa’s Summeria to the East.
Got demographics on Khan’s Germany.

1650BC
Nothing

1625BC
Mine finish start cottage.

1600BC
Nothing

1575BC
Finish archer start axeman.
Wounded barb archer appears in west, barb warrior appears in east.
Barb city spawns near Coppack.

1550BC
Another barb archer appears in the east.
Rush axeman

1525BC
Wounded barb archer attacks fortified archer on copper, dies without inflicting injury.
Other barb archer retreats.
Axeman kills barb warrior.
Archer heads north to explore next city site.
Scout returns home.
Coppacks starts another axe.
Get Zara’s Portugal demographics.

1500BC
Coppacks grows to size 2 in 6
Babylograd finish settler in 3
Finish writing in 2

Top Bottom