Unit Request: Explorer

Dict4t0rCiv

Chieftain
I built a bunch of scouts early on in the mararthon/huge map game I've been playing. I'm on a huge continent and I've finally got it fully explored. Now I have a bunch of scouts garrisoned in my cities and nothing to do with them besides disbanding all of them. I still can't figure out why they got rid of the explorer unit - maybe Firaxis plans to include it in an expansion that also includes the Spanish civiization with Conquistadors being a Spanish UU? The explorer could be similar to one from civ4 in prerequisite tech and ability.

An extention of the Reconaissance unit tree was one item I wrote down as potential things to mod, whenever I get a chance to play the game some (too much work/etc..)

I originally thought that an explorer type unit, and potenially a end game type reconaissance unit (Humvee or other type graphic), one that focused more on infiltration of enemy territory to gain some intel.

An extention of the Reconaissance unit tree was one item I wrote down as potential things to mod, whenever I get a chance to play the game some (too much work/etc..)

I originally thought that an explorer type unit, and potenially a end game type reconaissance unit (Humvee or other type graphic), one that focused more on infiltration of enemy territory to gain some intel.

Good idea - currently the scout is the only unit in the recon class and it doesn't upgrade. Maybe even a guerrilla or commando type unit for modern recon?

Yeah, we need a upgrade for the Scout... especially later in the game. For a modern unit I'd recommend the "Adventurer". Could be a group of Indiana Jones and Laura Croft wannabes. I always enjoyed them in Civ 3.

Top Bottom