Where to place Universal Suffrage

Ashburnham

King
With the looming threat of a war with Russia, it's time we start discussing the possibility of letting our womenfolk vote; both because it will reduce our war weariness, and because it's the right thing to do. Now, the question--as always--is where.

NOTE: Every other civilization save the Aztecs are currently building Universal Suffrage, so this is an issue we need to resolve as soon as possible.

Possible sites

Zojoji: Always a top contender whenever the discussion of Wonders starts, Zojoji will complete an Infantry unit in 1 Turn, after that it will take 16 Turns to build US.

Osgiliath: Currently building a colosseum it doesn't need, we can change it to US and it would take 24 Turns to complete.

Regent Town: Changing the Infantry it's currently building to US would allow us to build it the Wonder in 23 Turns. Regent Town is a border city, allowing us to infuse our border with even more culture.

Odawara: Another top Wonder producer, Odawara could build US in 22 Turns.

Immo: A city not usually thought of when Wonders are discussed, Immo is currently building an Infantry, which would be changed to build the US in 20 Turns. Without changing production, we could wait out the 2 Turns for the Infantry and then begin building US (which would then take 21 turns to build), for a total of 23 Turns.

Any other site suggestions are appreciated, but these are the top contenders as your friendly civil servants at the MoC see them. Please discuss.

Women voting, are you insane?!?;)

It would look to me that Zojoji is the best place to put Universal Sufferage.

I think we voted down Universal Suffrage several times. If we cannot fight a short war as I always called for (Like the Tugela campaign and other limited wars), I think democracy is the wrong system. Either the nation give FA the means to do its job, gifts, subsidies, funding and committing to treaties, or we get an ugly war we need to fight with a government more fit for a longer war.

Repolling this at every juncture is improper.

Let's place the US in Zojoji! Japanatica is the most appropriate nation to house this Great Wonder and Zojoji stands out as a leader in our free-thinking, equal rights society. The speed with which Zojoji will be able to construct the Wonder is also a factor.

Vote Zojoji!

Ashburnham said:
Technically, the people voted 10-9 to build it. They just couldn't decide where. This discussion is meant to remedy that problem.

Honorable Governor,
Technically, the people voted 4-5-10 against building US.

If you check post #8 in the above mentioned thread you will see that I changed my vote before the poll closed, but no Mod ever updated the numbers. Also, this was a multiple choice poll, so the people had the option for voting for both cities but choose not to.

The final vote tally was therefore 4 votes for Osgiliath Only, 5 votes for Corrino or En'Gha, and 10 votes for don't build US.

I believe that we should have a confirmation poll for a new location, but I believe based on the prior vote a city should need to get 55% of the vote with a Code of Law quorum to overide the previous vote.

That's Minister to you, MOTH. ;)

In light of some citizens' protests to my persumptuios discussion, I have created a confirmation poll to see whether or not we'll actually be building this Wonder.

Top Bottom