Jayne

Emperor
Power supreme, reputation atrocious.

Russians Enraged, war, no embassy, 7 cities we know of
Persians Enraged, war, 1256 gold, no research, 5 cities
Greeks Receptive, peace, no embassy, 3 cities we know of
Indians Enraged, war, 2464 gold, researching democracy :eek:, 10 cities

Please vote for who to go for next.

I think Indians. They are closest to use technologically. We don't want them sharing that sort of stuff with the others. They probably pose the greatest threat as we share 2 islands. They are researching democracy - we need to stop them switching government if we want to bribe them. They are the only civ with current Wonders: Pyramids andEiffel (GW and KRC also, but obsolete).

Indians!
As said we share islands with them and they're going through the techs to quickly to my likings... On top of that our troops are near them!
In other words "Kill 'em!!!"

Time to cut the Indians down to size! Just like the Civ3 Demogame. :soldier:

As the (hopeful and in-line to be) next Military Advisor I say we take out Gahndi and the Indians. :sniper:

Does the military advisor have any plans ready on how to attack the Indian mainland? The two cities on Spanish mainland will be ours in the blink of an eye. ;)

Delhi is obviously a priority, but also Bombay because it has the Eiffel Tower. Fortunately we have many spies on the island already.

Also, don't forget that MD is cureently undefended and has barbs nearby!

I've spotted MD, don't worry! :)
Delhi is a bit of a problem as we don't have many ground units and especially not that many that can attack defensive units behind a citywall. Delhi is inland so the cruisers can't bombard it.
Anybody with ideas to solve this?

That would be a nice idea but then we need advanced flight too for bombers right? I'd like to go for robotics too because of howitzers (they ignore citywalls too)

If we move in a lot of spies, to destroy Delhi walls, and vet armors we'd take it out. They don't have conscription or tactics yet, so there should only be muskets.:)

I can take down the citywalls with spies?
OK good to know!
We've got tons of spies walking around everywhere so that will be no problem whatsoever. I'll just collect all offensive troops and spies I can find and I'll go for it. :D

It may only take 1 spy, or it may take 10. Using spies to destroy an improvement in a capital has a low percentage of success, trying to take out City walls is alos a low percentage of success. Add the two difficulty factors of it being the capital and it being city walls, and it can get pretty bad.

It seems to usually take anywhere from 2 to 6 spies to bring down the capitals city walls. If they were Vet ones the chance of success raises a bit, so maybe we should get our vet spies over there to try and knock them down.

Any estimates on how soon we can have armor? Any thoughts on how successful armor is attacking muskets behind city walls? Can we have armor before they have consription? IF (and its a very big if) all those factors work out, then it might be worthwhile to wait for armor to attack Delhi (doesn't mean we can't work on the other Indain cities in the meantime), otherwise we may have to sacrifice a bunch of spies to take out the walls. Alternatively, we could build RR to Delhi from an established base and use a bunch of Artillery.
Flight is nearly useless in attacking cities. Bombers are expensive and only attack once every two turns. More if damaged and need to heal, so they aren't very cost-effective in my book. Armor and especially Howitzers with lots of spies are the way to go :cool:

I favor trying to take the walls down wiwth spies. civ-1, when are you playing next, because I am going to be away for the weekend and will not have time to come up with an attack plan until Sunday night. However, I will make a grand strategy to take out India.

Judging from most posts here we will need lots of diplos to conquer the Indians so at the moment I'm thinking of this:
Get rid of the Indians on the Spanish island and build up a huge army of spies and cavalry to attack Delhi. If I've succeeded in doing so before the 10 turns are over I will attack Delhi, if not you can make a nice plan of attack anyway. :)
I'm going to play saturday, it will take quite a lot of time I think because I don't want to make any silly mistakes and tomorrow I'll have plenty of time. Not sunday, then I'm going out with my g/f. ;)

This might be a bit late to answer the original question, but.... if you're the strongest power, always take out the next strongest first! I plegde my alliegence to the already established consensus! :D The plan sounds good too. :)

I usually try to conquer those who are the biggest threat at the moment, or those who are closest to my troops. If I can choose, I'd go with the strongest first.:)

Top Bottom