Imperium OffTopicum VII

No, it's just that whenever I complain I generally get ignored. Even moreso when my comment is actually insightful, because by that time the game's dead anyway.

Are signups still open?

Right, I'm claiming China (for now, the coast), unless you North American people want to give me New York so I can be Japan. Info incoming.

Okay then.

Confederation of New Guinea

Claims and color:

Capital: New Moresby
Government: Democracy
President: Harry Ogio
Religious policy: Free religion
Economic policy: Free market
Government policy: Completely free.
Government Structure: A confederacy of states, each with its own laws and businesses. The president and the senate can only make laws for all states rather than national laws.
National goals: Control the rest of New Guinea, Melanesia, and eastern Indonesia.

History:
Spoiler :
As nations collapsed around Papua New Guinea, it too began to fall. When the poorer classes demanded their share of food, the government refused, seeing them as not important enough to feed. So they revolted, destroying cities and murdering politicians. One group marched straight to Port Moresby and murdered the prime minister, and claimed Papua New Guniea for themselves. The remains of the government attempted to send their armies against the rebels, but even they could not stop them, for most soldiers had left the army in protest. The rest of the government was dissolved, and the rebels created their own regime of unlimited power in 2015, which was later reformed into a communist state. But yet the people's problems were not yet solved. The government promised food for everyone, which worked for awhile, but soon there was no food left. They agreed that the only way to survive was for the nation to split up. But now disease was spreading across the land, killing thousands of people along its way. By 2021, civilization didn't exist anymore, just several cities struggling to survive.

But the disease had done it's course, and food was beginning to grow again. Soon, cities were expanding, and forming nations which expanded past the city limits. But as these city-states grew, war began. Many died from these wars of dominance, as most knew the only way to become greater was to unite. These wars lasted over 20 years, from 2029 to 2052. In that year, the new president of the New Moresby Republic, formed the Confederation of New Guniea, which hoped to bring the island into unity with peace, not war. Over the years, more and more nations joined the Confederacy, and by 2069, all of Eastern New Guinea was under the control of the Confederacy.

Now, the CNG looks towards uniting the whole island, as well as Melanesia and parts of Indonesia.

I'll join in a few hours, probably in South America somewhere. (So long dreams of communist Singapore :cry:)

DT

Right, I'm claiming China (for now, the coast), unless you North American people want to give me New York so I can be Japan. Info incoming.

That is so weird of a request my mind can not begin to fathom why you would need New York.

I want to play, but I don't have time to do a map or nations stats right now. I'll play as Egypt. I'll do the rest of the sign-up later tonight.

Government: Strong Theocratic Dictatorship
Religion: Islam. Other religions are outlawed
Economy: Based on farming along the Nile. Not much other industry has developed yet. 50% of all crops grown are given to the government. The government stores some, gives some to the poor, and uses the rest to fund the economy.
Leader: The Pharaoh

I Hereby Proclaim: The Democratic Peoples Republic of Brazil and the African Coast (DPRBAC)

Basicly: Communist
:will add more details over time:
Capital: Sao Paulo
Government: Repulic
Langauge: Predominantly Portugese, with several other langauges spoken in African Territories
Currency: Real (R$)

Religious Policy: Free Religion, but with a Christian Majority. The government is content to let people worship who they will, and religion is Generally left alone.

Economic Policy: Highly Interventionalist. During the Famine the then-current governments Provided Food and Medicine to the people they considered Most Important to their survival, and the DPRBAC continues this measure with it's Industries.

DT
Starting Mah Nationz :king:

Chinese Union

Capital: Beijing
Government: Democratic Republic
President: Jin Hao
Religious policy: Freedom of Religion
Economic policy: Broadly interventionist. The government subsidizes large businesses that it feels are important to the survival of the nation.
Government policy: The government is open and fully democratic. The press is free.
Government Structure: Unitary. The government in Beijing administers the entire nation. There is some corruption, although its scale is unknown. The President exercises a large amount of control over the government.
National goals: To reestablish control over all China.

History:
Spoiler :
During the turmoil of the collapse of civilization, the PRC began losing control of large sections of the country. Before long, riots began, as people became more and more angry with the government. The PRC cracked down brutally on these protests, although their hold on power was slipping. Large swaths of the country soon fell outside the PRC's control, and Beijing launched an aggressive campaign to reassert its dominance.

As the civil war raged and entire cities were destroyed, the military began to seethe with discontent. In 2026, military leaders overthrew the government of the PRC and asserted their dominance over the populace. This new government was in many ways even harsher than the old, and dissidents were massacred wholesale. The leaders of the ousted Communist Party were tracked down and assassinated.

The military regime ruled for almost forty years. In 2060, mass protests began over the cracking down on a student organization that had been petitioning for democracy. The regime moved in troops to fire upon the protesters, but the largely conscript army refused to fire upon the unarmed protesters. When the officers who refused to carry out their orders were executed, even more protests sprung up, and portions of the army began to mutiny. The populace and the soldiers on their side began a march on Beijing. Troops loyal to the regime opened fire, and a large battle began on the streets of the capital. Vastly outnumbered, the regime's guard retreated, and the junta was captured, tried, and executed for treason.

Into this power vacuum stepped Jian Wei, one of the organizers of the revolt. He worked to set up a truly free society, and established the Chinese Union. He ruled with near total power as he built the institutions upon which the country is now based.

In 2066, Jian Wei announced he was stepping down, and that a free election would determine his successor. He also announced the formation of a parliament, transferring some of the powers of his office to legislators. Jian Wei moved into the countryside into a quiet retirement. Jin Hao was elected to be the next President of the Chinese Union, and has so far ruled for three of his six years in office. After the tumultuous past, the future of the Chinese Union seems bright.

The Democratic Peoples Republic of Brazil and the African Coast Is Proud to announce the Signing of a trade agreement with the Latino Nation. We hope this will begin an era of co-operation between our nations, that we might together work to create a brighter World.

And Yes; I am signing trade agreements before deciding how my country is run :p.

DT
Co-operative :)

Wow...

I'm sorry.

It was late at night, so I only checked the map, I didn't bother looking at the posts...

I'm sorry, I didn't know NK was taken.

I'll look through the thread and take something else in a bit.

Ethiopia, I'm having awful luck creating a map and bio so more will come up later tonight.

Top Bottom