Version 2.x bug reports

Sorry, but anything over 360K for a normal sized map is a bad thing. It makes no sense for a Regular saved game to be over 700K. I'm sorry. It makes no sense.

Curious to what's in a save file, DavidB1111? Save a game in the world builder as a WBS and open up the worldbuilder save in notepad. You can see that it defines every plot, every units, every city...

Each Map size increases the saves by about 4. Double the length of the sides of the rectangle, get 4 times the area.

@DavidB1111 ... i have the same problems with this MOD, but I can wait (Good time for cleaning the Tables,Kitchen ect.....;) ).
I Play on a Acer Laptop ....AMD TL-58 CPU,Vista Home, 2 GB Ram, with an Geforce 8600 768 Ram.
before I Start BTS, I clean windows ...... open Taskmanager and terminate all Process wich are not nessesary for the Game.
For Laptop it is NOT so easy to change Hardware, (and even not so cheap...;) )
Its fact that BTS without any modification Works fine, but than you don´t have all the bonus for RoM.
I hope that maybe 2.9 or later will be more optimized, but for now I am happy with that mod.

You mean 4 times, right?
Oh, and Hector, my computer is amazingly good. So, that's not really the problem here.
Can notepad even load up a huge text file?

As title say, after starting game there is no interface. And in menu civilopedia and advanced->options buttons don't respond.
Windows 7 Russian, but Civ4 BtS(not complete version) is english. Documents path have cyrillic letters.
2.8 full with hotfix. CvAltRoot.py didn't work.

Attachments

• Logs.zip
    178.7 KB · Views: 213
As title say, after starting game there is no interface. And in menu civilopedia and advanced->options buttons don't respond.
Windows 7 Russian, but Civ4 BtS(not complete version) is english. Documents path have cyrillic letters.
2.8 full with hotfix. CvAltRoot.py didn't work.

I think you need to have NO cyrillic letters in your name or tha pathname for it work properly. Sorry! Perhaps you can change the path names to something with English letters.

As stated, no cyrillic characters can be in the filepath. ASCII only, tho I think you're fine without changing the applocale.

Fresh install of 2.8 crashes when i start a new game.
It crashes when the status bar says "Init graphics"

My civ 4 bts is patched to 3.19.
Removing cache files didnt help.

TXT_KEY_UNIT_CAN_ONLY_TRAVERSE missing for modern workboat:

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 236
I'm pretty sure that you are using some modmod that allows travel over ice plots - the basic RoM doesn't have this feature, thus the problem isn't in my mod but a specific modmod problem. ;)

As Zappara said it is another modmod. It is Afforess' Ice Breaker modmod. Now Afforess knows about it and will fix it or is already fixed.;)

As Zappara said it is another modmod. It is Afforess' Ice Breaker modmod. Now Afforess knows about it and will fix it or is already fixed.;)

Uh, I fixed it a long time ago. Anyone who uses 1.53 can check and see that it's gone. ;)

Whenever I load the mod it crashes and gives me a loading error I dont' know why would love to try your mod everything I have read on it looks great!!
Could you help me I would so appreciate it thanks!!

Whenever I load the mod it crashes and gives me a loading error I dont' know why would love to try your mod everything I have read on it looks great!!
Could you help me I would so appreciate it thanks!!

What is the error message? We can't help without details.

So the larger the save file the more chance there is of a CTD, relative to your RAM?

I have 4 gigs of RAM, though other than that there really isn't anything else to say as there isn't any error messages, just a CTD when I end a turn.

Edit: and my save file is 1.4 Mb

I recently installed Rise of Mankind 2.91, along with A New Dawn 1.73, and Clash of Civilizations 1.1.
But, when I try to load the Rise of Mankind mod, it takes almost 15 minutes for Civilization 4 to reboot. Even then, the start screen lacks any interface, with nothing visible aside from the RoM logo, and the Earth background.

Attachments

• Logs.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 226
Hello thanks for the mod it's been great except for my little CTD problem.

I have a PC running win7 ultimate 64bit with amd phenom II x6, 16gig ddr3 memory, ati mobility radeon HD 4850

So I imagine its not a memory problem even though it's lateish in the game. I've conquered 2 civs when on a 3rd civ I attack the capital and CTD. It's the holy roman empire capital. I attack with calvary. I CTD to the infamous civ4 has stopped working screen but I do not have logging on. It happens the instant I attack. If you need a log I guess I could look up how to turn it on and upload it. I appreciate the mod and any help you can give me.

Top Bottom