Evil Leaders

Status
Not open for further replies.

vyvianarygos

Warlord
ok so every one has read the thousands of threads about why not this leader or why not that one..... here is a idea....

Why not have Civ A list one great leader and one "bad guy" leader for every civ?

it might be hard with myans but I think we could all thing of good or bad leaders from our own countries that we live in RL.

We have washington and Abraham linconl for america but you could put Nixon up there for infoumas since he was the only one of our presidents to ever be impeached.

you could do the same for Russia have Catherine up there and then as a alternative have Stalin

My point is why not have good guy leaders for all civ's and a list of infamous leaders for when you are just in a bad mood and want to mess up your enemies....

Would have to be King John for England, although he's more useless rather than evil :lol:

Also, Stalin's great and all that, but why miss the opportunity to include the only really well-known ruler in history to actually be remembered as 'the Terrible'?

You already have Greece, France, Aztecs, Russia as your black and white civs in the game, we don't need the civs to be stamped as one or another.

Just be surprised how some of your "friends" treats you, the random factor is better than having some civ's stamped as good or evil.

ok so every one has read the thousands of threads about why not this leader or why not that one..... here is a idea....

Why not have Civ A list one great leader and one "bad guy" leader for every civ?

it might be hard with myans but I think we could all thing of good or bad leaders from our own countries that we live in RL.

We have washington and Abraham linconl for america but you could put Nixon up there for infoumas since he was the only one of our presidents to ever be impeached.

you could do the same for Russia have Catherine up there and then as a alternative have Stalin

My point is why not have good guy leaders for all civ's and a list of infamous leaders for when you are just in a bad mood and want to mess up your enemies....

Stalin was in Civ IV, and he was a terrible choice that offended a lot of Russians. I actually prefer that they tend to go with leaders who made significant contributions to their empires rather than the most infamous. You've always got mods if you really want to play as Hitler or whatever

I wasn't saying make a permanent change.... I was simply commenting that some days I feel like being washington a peace keeper and trying to Coexist with my fellow nations and then there are other days when I am in a bad mood and I just want to be a bad guy and burn every city to the ground. It would be fun to have a option for what ever civ I am playing to be able to pick from a list of 2-4 leaders per civ to use as my "figure head" of my empire.

I agree that no Civilization should be tagged as good or evil. I am talking about the mood you as a player are in when you start a game.... I have had some very evil genocidal games and quite a few peace keeping games where I was deliberitly trying to maintain peace between not only my self but between other nations by putting my troops in a land blockade forcing the computer to stop a attack on another nation because he can't march his troops in to his enemies territory cause mine are all blocking the way :D

I wasn't saying make a permanent change.... I was simply commenting that some days I feel like being washington a peace keeper and trying to Coexist with my fellow nations and then there are other days when I am in a bad mood and I just want to be a bad guy and burn every city to the ground.

that's why we have attila! :lol:

honestly we all have our own favorites.... I play as america almost every time some times I play as England and germany and japan but 9/10 I am the Americans (Im sure i will get alot of flack for that but oh well)

Evil Empress Cixi is indisputable the most evil leader that China ever had.

What I don't understand is why you need a villain leaderhead in order to be a villain in-game. It should be just as satisfying to be a jerk regardless of which mask you are wearing. And isn't the best villiairy to nuke everybody as Gandhi?

There is a selection of nasties of various sorts in the game, sometimes depending on your political interpretation. I can't see modifying the core game to provide one per Civ. Fulfilling such role-playing needs seems to be an excellent opportunity for creative mods.

Be who you want to be.

You may want to re-check you history. Two U.S. presidents have been impeached. Niether one of them was Richard Nixon.

I think that evil leaders would add a cool dynamic into the game. Although, new mechanics need to be included that would allow a leader to "be evil". like the slavery thing in civ4, or some revamping of policies. No need to have a good and bad from each civilization, just choose the greatest of the bad and see where that goes. I don't think theres anything insensitive about adding greater historical context to a GAME. its not like anyones advocating dictatorial abuse...

You may want to re-check you history. Two U.S. presidents have been impeached. Niether one of them was Richard Nixon.

Nixon cut a deal with his VP to stay out of prison, then resigned before he could be impeached. More evil than being impeached imo.

Nixon would be a very boring choice for civ leader, and his "evil" (if you could even call it that) was actually far more criminal than it was malicious.

There are any number of better choices to choose from if one applies Today's standards of what truly constitutes 'evil' towards the historical record; Thomas Jefferson (slavery, rape(?)), Andrew Jackson (genocide, war crimes, slavery), James K. Polk (military adventurism, slavery, imperialism), Ulysses Grant (war crimes), William McKinley (war crimes, military adventurism), (my own personal hero) Theodore Roosevelt (imperialism, military adventurism), Woodrow Wilson (imperialism, civil rights violations), FDR (civil rights violations), Harry Truman (WMDs), LBJ (military adventurism), Ronald Reagan (military adventurism, political assassination), George W Bush (military adventurism, torture (?)), and even Barack Obama (political assassination) all fit the bill nicely.

**Note that I'm only stating that these definitions Could be applied to these Presidents, not that I necessarily agree with any of them.**

-Elgalad

...lolwut?

There have been some very corrupt US Presidents. Harding comes to mind. However, Jackson and Wilson outpace the rest of that list pretty damn heavily and even those examples could be considered morally gray, not evil.

Saying "Nixon is most evil!!!oneoneone" shows a very narrow-view of history. There are few "evil" leaders in the world. Does Mao Zedong or Stalin really compare to the Black Pajama Party of Cambodia or Hitler? No, they don't. Not in the slightest.

...lolwut?

There have been some very corrupt US Presidents. Harding comes to mind. However, Jackson and Wilson outpace the rest of that list pretty damn heavily and even those examples could be considered morally gray, not evil.

Saying "Nixon is most evil!!!oneoneone" shows a very narrow-view of history. There are few "evil" leaders in the world. Does Mao Zedong or Stalin really compare to the Black Pajama Party of Cambodia or Hitler? No, they don't. Not in the slightest.

Nobody called Nixon evil. vyvianarygos called him infamous. Any arguments there?
I said his actions were more evil in comparison to the actions of those that were impeached, with the mandatory "imo".

Posting before reading shows a very narrow understanding of the previous posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom