What Native American tribe do you expect/want?

Which Native American tribe do you expect/want?

• Total voters
And with the pueblo debacle, perhaps they wanted to pick a "leader" that they know will not bring problems. Sacajawea is already on money, so I assume the Shoshone people shouldn't have a problem with it.

... I dunno - they might not like having a random woman who was known for following a couple of white guys around as their omnitemporal (is that a thing?) leader... Just sayin'! :lol:

At least, that's really all I can gather from her... :sad:

First leader holding a baby?

HYPERCUBE civilization right here, guys!!! :lol:

It'd be nice though - they showed us how leaders used to have more people around them, and now we actually get one leader that has one more human with them! :p

... I dunno - they might not like having a random woman who was known for following a couple of white guys around as their omnitemporal (is that a thing?) leader... Just sayin'! :lol:

At least, that's really all I can gather from her... :sad:

Sacajawea is an obvious choice, but really I mean in general. That's also why I put leader in quotations. If they are ok with her being on money, though not a leader but a historical representative of the Shoshone people, then why not a real leader. But this is only speculation, as nothing has been confirmed yet.

My google-fu let me down as far as the Shoshone are concerned. The Wikipedia article is a joke. The only thing I can say is that the mysterious barbarian axeman unit bears no resemblance to any Shoshone pictures I can find.
Can anyone characterize this people and maybe point out any known facts about them that would lend themselves to be the basis for a UA/UU/UB/UI?

Well, Sacajawea is at least better than Pocahontas.

But, I don't know, I doubt is a leak as much as an advocating.

Well, Sacajawea is at least better than Pocahontas.

As I said in the other thread, how is Sacagawea a better leader choice than Pocahontas? Pocahontas would be a cheap and gimmicky choice, but at least she was the daughter of an actual ruler. Sacagawea was just a regular woman who went along on the Lewis and Clark expedition. As the leader of her entire civ, she makes less sense than Pocahontas.

As near as I can interpret from the Polish forum, several posters react to the Shoshone, then one poster says that Sacagewea would be a dumb leader. I'm not sure that that person was stating a fact or skeptically speculating.

If they went with Sacagewea it woul be one of the weirdest choices of a civ+leader, easily the weirdest in Civ 5. About as bad as Pocahontas, but still weird.

If so, I guess its what I feared - they wanted a recognizable leader to an American audience. I thought Tecumseh would do that and we would get a Mississippian/Shawnee hybrid. Guess not though

If so, I guess its what I feared - they wanted a recognizable leader to an American audience. I thought Tecumseh would do that and we would get a Mississippian/Shawnee hybrid. Guess not though

I hold out hope that what they wanted was a Western group to balance the map with the Iroquois, and that they went with an actual leader instead of Sacagawea. But not much hope; I'll be pleasantly surprised if that's what they've done.

If the Shoshone are even in at all. As of yet, the only evidence for it is tenuous at best.

If they went with Sacagewea it woul be one of the weirdest choices of a civ+leader, easily the weirdest in Civ 5. About as bad as Pocahontas, but still weird.

the difference between Pocahontas and Sacagewea is that Sacagewea has been a leader in a civ game before, civ II to be specifc. as the female leader of the Sioux (they also had Shakala for the Zulu's female leader...things were different back then.)

the difference between Pocahontas and Sacagewea is that Sacagewea has been a leader in a civ game before, civ II to be specifc. as the female leader of the Sioux (they also had Shakala for the Zulu's female leader...things were different back then.)

She wasn't a valid choice then, and she's not a valid choice now. The attempt to provide a male and female option for every civ was a noble experiment, but a failed one. That they had to use goddesses and made-up names proves that. Civ II is no justification for putting Sacagawea in Civ V.

She wasn't a valid choice then, and she's not a valid choice now. The attempt to provide a male and female option for every civ was a noble experiment, but a failed one. That they had to use goddesses and made-up names proves that. Civ II is no justification for putting Sacagawea in Civ V.

I know, it was kind of a joke (thus the whole Shakala thing) I should of put more emphasis on the whole Sacagewea being the leader for the wrong tribe thing.

I expect the NA civ to be the Shawnee.

After the Shawnee, I would say that adding the Taino/Carib, Navajo or Pueblo, and either the Sioux or the Inuit would be new Native American Civs I would want if we get a total of around 15 new civs in future expansions, and I would be really happy.
Beyond that, I would also like to see the Olmec, Ute, Seminole, Cherokee, Osage, and then maybe another South American native civ.

After the Shawnee, I would say that adding the Taino/Carib, Navajo or Pueblo, and either the Sioux or the Inuit would totally encompass the Native Americans, and I would be really happy.

There is so, so much more to Native Americans than just those selections, even if you're limiting yourself to North America, Meso-America, and the Carribean.

There is so, so much more to Native Americans than just those selections, even if you're limiting yourself to North America, Meso-America, and the Carribean.

Yea, I think "totally encompass" were the wrong words for me to use here. If we get maybe a total of 15 new Civs in DLC/a 3rd expansion, I would like at least these to be in.

Shoshone city list, anyone?

I'm sure we'll get it in time. Some potentials: Battle Mountain, Big Pine, Bishop, Death Valley, Duckwater, Elko, Ely, Fort McDermitt, Goshute, Lemhi, Lone Pine, Washakie, Skull Valley, South Fork, Wells, and Wind River.

Top Bottom