What Native American tribe do you expect/want?

Which Native American tribe do you expect/want?

• Total voters
I think the Sioux still make for the most logical choice. The only thing is that they've showed up in Civ before, and I can guess that Firaxis would want to give a new NA civilization the spotlight, like they tried with the Pueblo.

Pueblo would be my top choice. They are culturally unique, had settlements, and would make a lot of sense as a trade-based civ (although we seem to be getting a lot of those.) I'm completely confident they are completely out of the race at this point, though. They were actually high up on my wishlist before BNW, but I agree with culturally sensitive exclusion.

I am both hoping and expecting against the Shawnee and mostly any other Eastern North American civ. I feel like the Iroquois represent that region and cultures well enough, and I would like to see a North American civ from somewhere else, preferably the American Southwe

I feel like the Iroquois represent that region and cultures well enough, and I would like to see a North American civ from somewhere else,

I wouldn't go so far as to say the Iroquois represent the entire region. Which one civ represents Western Europe well enough to leave all the others out? Or East Asia? Or the Middle East? When the game is happy to make a distinction between Denmark and Sweden, or Germany and Austria, I don't think you can say that the Shawnee are represented well enough by the unrelated Iroquois.

However, having said that, I do hope they chose a culture from farther west for this expansion. I think having two groups from the Eastern Woodlands and zero groups from any other part of North America would be a strange design choice. If we could have a hundred civs instead of not-quite-fifty, I'd be thrilled to have the Shawnee and the Cherokee and the Seminole and the Wampanoag and the Powhatans all in alongside the Iroquois. But we should get some groups from the Great Plains, the Southwest, the Pacific Northwest, and even the Arctic/Subarctic regions--and, for that matter, Amazonia and other regions of South America--before we start fleshing out the Eastern Woodlands. One thing this series has always been terrible at is acknowledging just how varied and diverse the Native Americans are, and I'd like to see more effort put in to represent cultures from across the whole gigantic landmass.

One thing this series has always been terrible at is acknowledging just how varied and diverse the Native Americans are, and I'd like to see more effort put in to represent cultures from across the whole gigantic landmass.

Nah, you're wrong, obviously Civ4 had the best representation ever of the north American Native Americans as one big blob civ singing Colors of the Wind. :mischief:

And plenty of people didn't want brazil. It's what the designers think will make for a good/profitable game.

I think that many South American nations can make for interesting gameplay. I would like to see them add Columbia (representing Gran Columbia) and Argentina.

Frankly, what would make me happy for America representation would be.

North:
Inuit
Cherokee
Mississippian
Pubelo
Canada

Central:
Olmec
Mexico

South:
Tiwanaku
Nazca
Norte Chico
Columbia
Argentina

I think that many South American nations can make for interesting gameplay. I would like to see them add Columbia (representing Gran Columbia) and Argentina.

I'm thinking it could be very interesting if they chose to make another expansion which explores revolutions.. such that you could get new civs in the middle of the game that pop up because of distance from the capital, regional influences etc. That would make much more sense for the existence of "modern" civs like Colombia, Cuba, Haiti, Argentina, a number of African nations.. even peaceful settlements which could lead to Canada, Australia, etc. Another algorithm could be expanding ideologies to earlier in the game such that we have more options like monarchy and the people could revolt if unhappy enough to change the ideology of the civ altogether (which could work for the likes of Spain, France, Germany, Russia, etc.)

Otherwise, I don't see a likely chance of them being in at all, unfortunately. I would love to see Bolivar and Gran Colombia in the game officially, not via mods. :king:

Frankly, what would make me happy for America representation would be.

North:
Inuit
Cherokee
Mississippian
Pubelo
Canada

Central:
Olmec
Mexico

South:
Tiwanaku
Nazca
Norte Chico
Columbia
Argentina

We don't particularly know much about the people of Norte Chico, though. I'd rather have the Zapotecs.

We don't particularly know much about the people of Norte Chico, though. I'd rather have the Zapotecs.

I was trying to avoid too many Mesoamerican civs. Mainly because there are already 2 (3 if you count the CS, La Venta), but there is only one north and one south Native American cvivlization.

Toltecs, then Zapotecs, and Olmecs (Toltecs are the easiest in that order and best to do of the lot anyhow :p)

Top Bottom