Achievement Saves (for the lazy and/or the frustrated people out there)

[URL="http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5773554/.Civ5Save_%28ACHIEVEMENTS%29

10 barbarian naval units have been converted (Suleiman specific achievement: Barbary Pirate - however I don't know if this will trigger for you. Maybe it will trigger only if another (11th unit is converted which could be achieved by just playing some turns, as I've placed a few destroyers next to barbarian camps which occasionally spawn a naval unit which you'll convert 50% of the time automatically... worth a try I guess. Don't even know if it actually requires you to have 10 alive in the same game or just convert 10 in total over the course of any amount of playthroughs. Please post if this worked for you (maybe even on the first turn without any extra conversions?))

It does not trigger. It goes by what's already logged for you in any previous games playing Suleiman. I had played him once before and had captured 7 barbarian ships. I waited until one popped and converted and did not get the achievement. When I checked my log files it had incremented barbarians captured to 8. It's a total number of play throughs so you do not have to keep them alive. I'm not sure what would happen if you captured one then promoted it but I suspect since it increments the counter on capture you should be fine.

BNW [FeiLing] - Portugal XCOM.Civ5Save
Order the two active workers to construct a Feitoria. Now select Nuke Mode (N) with the Atomic Bomb and drop it directly onto the XCOM Squad of yours near Antium. Finally choose
the Cahokia and the Panama artifacts from the archaeological dig sites, then end the turn. On the next turn either choose to add the last spaceship part or put it to sleep instead for
the cultural victory. Either way you might need to play another turn for the Herculean Effort. To win culturally you need to play 2-4 more turns (bulb GS and do Concert Tours too).
What's Yours is Mine (As Portugal, construct a Feitoria in a City-State that is allied to another civilization.)
That's XCOM baby! (Have your XCOM Squad go from 100 health to 0 in a single AI turn.)
Herculean Effort (Complete all International Projects in a single game as the highest contributor.)
It Belongs in a Museum (Have Artifacts from 10 different City-States in the Museums and Wonders in your civilization.)
In Hoc Signo Vinces (Beat the game on any difficulty as Maria I.)
One Small Step (Win a Space Victory using the Freedom Ideology.) or
Rocking in the Free World (Win a Cultural Victory using the Freedom Ideology.)

That's XCOM baby doesn't appear to work. I nuked it several times and even made a new one.

Thanks for your input!

Dunno about the Xcom one... seems to work for some, but not for others :crazyeye::confused:

Tried the xcom on one of my saved games where I nuked him and did not get the achievement. It could be bugged. I'm going to experiment some more and see if I can get it to pop. I'll update this post with my findings.

Update: I tried nuclear bombs and missiles and it wouldn't pop. What did work was entering my xcom unit into an ocean tile next to 3 enemy ships. They killed him and I got the achievement so you don't have to kill the xcom unit with 1 blow, he just has to die in one turn.

The Spain/Inca (Conquest of the New World) scenario does work with your saved games but you won't win right away. You have to play the game all the way to the end to get the achievements.

Your hidden one is "Connoisseur - Rate a Mod". According to Astats report, it might be another broken achievement currently.

OK, I have all the Steam achievements finally but in the achievement page, it shows that I have 286/287 achievements. The one achievement that is missing is the "Connoisseur - Rate a Mod". Apparently I did not go after this achievement when the game first came out and it appears that that although the developers removed it, they forgot to bring down the number of achievements to 286.

So does this mean that I would not get a perfect achievement score on Steam forever? What should I do? Please advise! Thanks!

:(

OK, I have all the Steam achievements finally but in the achievement page, it shows that I have 286/287 achievements. The one achievement that is missing is the "Connoisseur - Rate a Mod". Apparently I did not go after this achievement when the game first came out and it appears that that although the developers removed it, they forgot to bring down the number of achievements to 286.

So does this mean that I would not get a perfect achievement score on Steam forever? What should I do? Please advise! Thanks!

:(

Pretty much have to wait and see if they fix or remove it. There is a way of cheating achievements, but I don't know anything about it, and I would be wary of such things. I wouldn't risk a Steam account for it, anyway.

Tried the xcom on one of my saved games where I nuked him and did not get the achievement. It could be bugged. I'm going to experiment some more and see if I can get it to pop. I'll update this post with my findings.

Update: I tried nuclear bombs and missiles and it wouldn't pop. What did work was entering my xcom unit into an ocean tile next to 3 enemy ships. They killed him and I got the achievement so you don't have to kill the xcom unit with 1 blow, he just has to die in one turn.

Yeah, the nuke didn't work for me either. So, I just slept the nuke and moved the XCOM into the water next to the ironclad. Ended turn and they killed him. So, it is doable with the same save file in the OP

OK, guys. I found a very easy way to get all the achievements in any game from Steam. Just do a google search on "Steam Achievement Manager". Download the software and you can get all the achievements in just one click.

This is a cheap tactic by the way but I believe it would save you guys many hours of frustrations.

Hey there, thanks for the great saves! Some of them have been a real godsend, namely the specific objectives (Dr Livingstone i pressume).

Now, i've been playing through conquest of the new world scenario and thought i'd post my saves.

Apologies in advance for anyone who doesn't like dropbox.

Doony_monty_COTNW
You'll have to issue a couple of commands :3 but should pop after you end the turn
Huitzilopochtli's Arrow(Win the New World Scenario as the Aztecs.) [0.4%]

Doony_Elizabeth_COTNW
End Turn
Tea and Crumpets for Everyone (Win the New World Scenario as England.) [0.5%]

Doony_Isabella_COTNW
End Turn
Siglo de Oro (Win the New World Scenario as Spain.) [0.6%]

Doony_Hiawatha_COTNW
End Turn
League of Extraordinary Hoyanehs (Win the New World Scenario as the Iroquois.) [0.4%][0.6%]

To all the people who are upset about using these saves, I use the achievements to keep track of which leaders I've beat the game with. When I beat the game with someone while using a map script from the workshop, in a multiplayer game, or in a scenario, I still consider it a win. Downloading these saves allows me to get achievements I've earned so I can keep track of who I've won with.

To all the people who are upset about using these saves, I use the achievements to keep track of which leaders I've beat the game with. When I beat the game with someone while using a map script from the workshop, in a multiplayer game, or in a scenario, I still consider it a win. Downloading these saves allows me to get achievements I've earned so I can keep track of who I've won with.

I used these primarily because i play multiplayer and or use mods

Side effect of the fall patch: The vote for Pedro one no longer gives diplomatic victory that turn and neither does the Dark Horse one.
(Upon hitting end turn when the results come it shows the new vote requirement which is 2 votes more than Brazil had in the first case and 4 votes more in the second case.)

In the first case; it's still faster hitting end turn from there 16 times compared to a standard game as Brazil; but in the second case, Brazil is bound to win a cultural victory before winning Diplomatic.

Thank you very much, this thread is most helpful.
I have recently bought CiV Gold Upgrade and BNW, and spent most of the day acquiring what I achieved with "less steamy" version of the game (don't blame me for being an unemployed guy from poor country).

Posting to let you know that...
FeiLing_FoY-Explorer.Civ5Save
Load the savegame. Tada! (Do not actually play this map, even if you're tempted to do so. You've been warned.)
Dr. Heidegger's Experiment (Find the Fountain of Youth) [21.3%]
The Explorer (Discover 100 Natural Wonders.) [9.0%]
(Every time you load this savegame you'll discover 8 natural wonders instantly, so you'll quickly make progress towards this achievement.)

...isn't working.

Yeah hmm, seems they have changed something about discovering Natural Wonders some time ago...

Since you want to unlock only specific achievements maybe you could also look into SAM (Steam Achievement Manager). In theory that tool makes this thread pointless; however some people are afraid of it being malicious or it may resulting in actions being taken by steam.

What would be an ideal set-up to get "it belongs in a museum"? I tried a small map with raging barbs, only 4 civs, and 20 city states. Only 5 artifacts were from city states. The rest were from one of the major civs. (Apparently, the Aztecs fought barbs all over the map). I don't want to look at the same game and accidentally pop the achievement.

Well you'd think many CS and little civs as well as many fights would do the trick. But it doesn't matter - even if you disable barbs and never ever fight all game long, the number of dig sites will always be the same. And there will be more on larger maps. And get exploration for the hidden sites o course too. I'd estimate you'd need to dig up around 30-35 sites to make sure in 10 of them you can chose it being from a CS.
It can be done on a standard sized map, but as I said, large and huge maps have even more dig sites in total.

Can anyone come up with a good save for Suleiman's 'Barbary Pirates' achievement? I just finished a game as him (last of the original set - go 'Master of the Universe'! Woo!) but because of the changes to his special ability, what ships I converted on my way obviously didn't count...

I checked out the old 'Achievement Hunting' save for the purpose, but... it's kinda' overkill for when you just wanna pick up Barbary Pirates without needing to play another game as Suleiman in Vanilla CivV. Due to the size of the map, each turn takes ages, and with only 3 Barbarian Camps on the map, you accumulate units only VERY slowly.

Incidentally, I'm not entirely clear on how Suleiman's power used to work back then... a 50% chance to convert if you've got an adjacent unit? Does it re-roll every turn, or do you only get one chance for each barbarian ship that pops up? Do you get a fresh roll for each adjacent unit? If no-one has a useable save, I might have to set something up myself, so it'd be handy to know what to go for...

It belongs in a Museum: Huge map; fewer major AIs but more city states. Also, you'll want to complete exploration. You''ll also want the Cathedrals belief to fit the ones that aren't from city states. But periodically check to see if an AI offers to trade a city state one.

Pirates: Play on an island map with raging barbs on; build a couple of naval ships; DON"T clear the closest camp that's coastal, but instead try to capture them as they spawn. When capture doesn't triger (half the time); destroy the boat and try again with the next boat as that one isn't going to switch.

Hey guys!
I got you this save for The Explorer (Discover 100 Natural Wonders) achievement.
Just move Mohawk Warrior and Trebuchet one tile down and you got yourself a +2 on your natural wonder counter.
I know +2 per load is not much but its better than nothing.
Cheers!

Attachments

• wonder.Civ5Save
    707.3 KB · Views: 250
Top Bottom