Need testers for new editor

You actually can - both with buildings, units, civs and other lists. Rightclick at the list and make sure "Sort by creation order" is checked. Then you must set an insertion point from the same rightclick menu. Then you can highlight one or more entries and select "Move selected xxxxx after insertion point".

Hope this answers your question.

That's great news that the app will do that.

I should have said earlier that I can't get it to work on my computer though.
I know my .BIQ file is good. I use it all the time. But when I try to open
my .BIQ/scenario, I get this error message:
Code:
Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.

I think it fails on the tech section somewhere.

I am using a Win 7 64 bit operating system. I tried the link that says "Win 7 64 bit" but Chrome tells me that the download is malicious. So I downloaded the application using the top link that Steph provided. And that's what gives me this error.

Anyway, I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong...

I'd love to use that feature that sorts civs though. That'd be sweet.

That's great news that the app will do that.

I should have said earlier that I can't get it to work on my computer though.
I know my .BIQ file is good. I use it all the time. But when I try to open
my .BIQ/scenario, I get this error message:
Code:
Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.

I think it fails on the tech section somewhere.

I am using a Win 7 64 bit operating system. I tried the link that says "Win 7 64 bit" but Chrome tells me that the download is malicious. So I downloaded the application using the top link that Steph provided. And that's what gives me this error.

Anyway, I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong...

I'd love to use that feature that sorts civs though. That'd be sweet.

For 64-bit OS'es, you'll need the "Win 7 64-bit" version (in my experience, this also applies to XP 64-bit, and probably Vista 64-bit as well, though I've never run the latter). The download warning is because of the virus awhile back. Steph said on June 26th that he's putting the site back. At that time all the links were gone; now the timestamp on them is July 6th. So it looks like Steph re-uploaded them, and the Chrome warning is probably just still there because it takes awhile for Google to conclude a site is safe again. Though I haven't seen the warning lately myself, as I don't use Chrome.

For 64-bit OS'es, you'll need the "Win 7 64-bit" version

Thanks. I went ahead and downloaded the 64 bit version (even though it says it is malicious) and it works/loads everything fine. I'm going to start a new mod and test it out, especially the part where you can insert a civilization.

I don't know how many times I've re-created civilizations just to get them in a particular order...so the insert feature will definitely come in handy.

Greetings, Steph. I am not sure if this has been reported before, but I discovered something odd when expanding maps. If you expand a map on three sides and then go back to expand it further, it does odd things with the terrain. The same thing happens if you only expand one side of the map. That is occurring with version 0.7.10 and also the latest one. Have you encountered that or do I need to post a file with the odd terrain?

In addition to Timerover's observation - when map size is changed horizontally, an editor rotates map 45 degrees counterclockwise. This problem remains in 0.8; 0.8.1 & 0.8.2 versions.
Vertical change works correctly (I didn't try to go beyond 362 tiles as my goal was to decrease map size).

Greetings, Steph. A follow-up on my earlier post. I expanded the WW2 Pacific scenario that comes with the game on three sides, with no problems. When I expanded that already expanded map on the north or top side, without expanding any of the other sides, I got some very odd terrain results. However, I ran a test, and if I expand the north/top side of the map a lot, and the other 3 sides by two tiles, I have no problems at all. Adding the extra tiles is not a problem, so I am in good shape with it. I will just keep this in mind in the future. Adding one vertical set of 10 tiles did not cause any problems, so evidently the problem lies somewhere in adding horizontal tiles. Against that, I figure that now that I know what is going on, it is no longer a problem, just something to take into account. The ability to expand an existing map is, to me, just awesome. Thanks again for all of your efforts.

I've searched the forums, but all links are now dead. Can somebody reupload it, or send it to me via email?

Moderator Action: Merged your post with Steph's original thread.

Steph has been rebuilding his website.
This is what is left of his civ3 page.

I've searched the forums, but all links are now dead. Can somebody reupload it, or send it to me via email?

Moderator Action: Merged your post with Steph's original thread.

The latest version (July 2011) is still available via this link to Steph's site. It's required for 64-bit Windows (including Vista and XP), but I believe it will still work on 32-bit Windows as well.

If it turns out that one doesn't work on 32-bit, the latest numbered version (0.82) can still be found here. It looks like while the HTML page on the site that used to link to the downloads (and is one of the links in the first post) is gone, the downloads themselves have all been re-uploaded.

Whenever I try to download either of those, I get network errors.. I can't download them when im using internet explorer either. (I use google chrome)

Use a real brwoser, like Netscape Mozilla.

Use a real brwoser, like Netscape Mozilla.

So its really the fault of both chrome and IE? I guess I will just download firefox then.. :p. The only reason I switched to chrome from firefox was because for some reason whenever I was in google with firefox, it would just freeze for about 20 seconds, and then it would inform me about a script not being able to run.. And it was quite annoying

Well, actually, I don't know. But it'd be worth the try.

And you are green now. :(

So its really the fault of both chrome and IE? I guess I will just download firefox then.. :p. The only reason I switched to chrome from firefox was because for some reason whenever I was in google with firefox, it would just freeze for about 20 seconds, and then it would inform me about a script not being able to run.. And it was quite annoying

The link I posted is working in both Opera 12 and IE8 (the only two browsers I have installed to test with on this computer). Not sure what else to suggest other than downloading Opera 12/downgrading IE to IE8, or posting the details of the network error. I do know of a number of people who've had issues with IE 11 on Windows 7 if you're using that, including on some big-name sites such as yahoo.com and microsoft.com, as well as some odd issues such as certain letters not being typable in IE 11 (but working in every other program, including IE 10 prior to upgrading). So I'd actually recommend downgrading to IE 10, at least for a couple months until Microsoft gets IE11 more polished, if you're using IE 11 on Windows 7.

yes, I took everything down and re uploaded everything.

Thanks.

Quick question: Some of my civilizations are colored red and nothing seems to be wrong. I'm not sure why they are red.
The race entry is in the pediaicons.txt file and all of the .flc and .pcx files for the civilization are in the correct folders, etc.

So I'm not sure what needs to be changed to fix the ones that are marked red.

You actually can - both with buildings, units, civs and other lists. Rightclick at the list and make sure "Sort by creation order" is checked. Then you must set an insertion point from the same rightclick menu. Then you can highlight one or more entries and select "Move selected xxxxx after insertion point".

Hope this answers your question.

Thanks BTW for helping me with this. It's very easy to re-arrange the order now...

Top Bottom