Saibotlieh's Leaderhead Collection

Do you plan to continue this experience with some other LHs?
Sadly getting only seldom enough free time, motivation and inspiration together at the same time at the moment. :(

But maybe there will be brighter days again. :)
Can you give me a no paint war model, is not deformed skeletal model? Thank you
No problem, the attached model should work better in Blender. :)

Attachments

• hatshepsut_no_warpaint.zip
    672.7 KB · Views: 84
Hi SaibotLieh!

Are there a lot of changes to do to give another LH this war paint model?

Maybe you could describe - maybe in catchwords with bullets - what I would have to do with blender and/or nifscope to change another native LH?

Kind regards

Schmiddie

Hi SaibotLieh!

Maybe you could describe - maybe in catchwords with bullets - what I would have to do with blender and/or nifscope to change another native LH?

Kind regards

Schmiddie
There is some Blender and some NifSkope work involved. I will not be able to do something in the next few days, but I will see to get a description up as soon as possible. :)

Sadly getting only seldom enough free time, motivation and inspiration together at the same time at the moment. :(

But maybe there will be brighter days again. :)

No problem, the attached model should work better in Blender. :)

thank you very much

Hi SaibotLieh!

Kind regards

Schmiddie
Okay, so the first thing to do is create the war paint with Blender. The important thing is that the paint has to be a seperate mesh than the rest of the leaderhead and that it is on top of the leaderhead mesh and does not overlap with it. For me the easiest thing was to duplicate all verticles of one extremity (head, arms or torso), scale it up a little bit (a factor of 1.005 for example) and then seperate the verticles from the mesh (with pressing "p"). This way the new mesh moves the same way the original mesh does and the war paint will hover a little bit over the original mesh without being to far away.

Next the war paint texture has to be applied to this new mesh. Using transparency (alpha channel) to create the shape of the single strokes helps quite a bit, since this way all verticles can stay at their place and will move like the original ones. Once all strokes are created, a good idea is to delete all faces that are completely transparent in order to reduce the size of the leaderhead. Now export the leaderhead and open it with NifSkope.

Now the war paint has to be nifswapped into the original leaderhead nif. For this, open the original leaderhead as well with NifSkope and create a copy of the leaderheads mesh block at the same place as the original block (Block->Copy, then Block->Paste). Replace the NiSkinInstance and the NiTriShapeData of this copy with the ones from the war paint mesh of the Blender export. Furthermore the war paint block will need some Skin Partition (Mesh->Make Skin Partition). Set the Number of Bones per Partition to 4, all other settings should work as they are. Now the leaderhead should be covered with the war paint.

Next some modifications are necessary to make it possible to make the war paint disappear. For some reasons, it seems to be impossible to use NiVisController with leaderheads, so I choose to shrink the war paint so a very small value to make it disappear. Problem with this solution is that the mesh has to be a child (or any kind of grandchild) of the d_hatshepsut_MASTER node. So this is the next thing to do. But for certain reasons it is a good idea to create a Dummy node inbetween first and change the Flags Value of this node to 22. Once the war paint mesh is a child of this Dummy node it should not fit as well to the original leaderhead mesh anymore. And in fact it will not do so anymore in NifSkope from now one. But to make both meshes fit ingame again, the rotation values of the Dummy node will have to be changes to Y = -90 and R = 90 (Transform->Edit). There might be further changes necessary if the original mesh is modified by nodes in any way. For the Cockacoeske leaderhead it gets even more complicated, since I added a node in front of the the d_hatshepsut_MASTER to change stuff as well. But if you look at this screenshot, you will see that the Y value on the left side equals the sum of X on the right side (in negative), the Z equals the sum of Y and the X equals the sum of Z.
Spoiler :

Now the dummy node has to be added to the Extra Targets list of the NiMultiTargetTransformController node. Once this has happened, the leaderhead nif should be finished. Now finally an entry in the greeting kf file has to be done.

For this, open the greeting kf file with NifSkope first. Then copy&paste one of the already existing NiTransformInterpolator nodes that has a NiTransformData node as child. In this copy, change the Num Rotation Keys and the Translations Num Keys to zero and the Scales Num Keys to 2 (don't forget refreshing with the green arrows). Next change the Scales Interpolation to LINEAR_KEY. Then change the first key's Time to 0.0000 and its Value to 0.0001 and the second key's Time to the same as the length of the greeting animation and its Value to 0.0001. Then add a new Controlled Block to the NiControllerSequence node. Of this new block change

- the Interpolator to the new NiTransformInterpolator number
- the String Palette to the String Palette node number
- the Node Name Offset to the Dummy node name
- the Controller Type Offset to NiTransformController

Then save the kf file, and you should be done. :D

Quite a lot to swallow for starters I guess, but hopefully this is already somewhat useful. Just try to identify these changes in the Cockacoeske leaderhead for comparison and, of course, ask if you run in some problems. :)

Attachments

• Cockacoeske_Node_Changes.jpg
    Cockacoeske_Node_Changes.jpg
    251 KB · Views: 578
thank you SaibotLieh. Another problem, when Nick folds his arms at the back when he's cautious, the arm goes invisible. It's really disturbing since it looks like it gets cut. :(

yeah, I too love Nick too but his arms are kinda creeping me out. I've been using him as George VI of the United Kingdom in my game.

Hey Saibot, I have no experience in NifSkope whatsoever but I have the program and blender. If it doesn't take too many steps and if you can kindly instruct me how, I would love to thicken his arms.

yeah, I too love Nick too but his arms are kinda creeping me out. I've been using him as George VI of the United Kingdom in my game.

Hey Saibot, I have no experience in NifSkope whatsoever but I have the program and blender. If it doesn't take too many steps and if you can kindly instruct me how, I would love to thicken his arms.
Thanks for the offer, but rigging is rather advanced (and tedious) stuff to do. But since there seems to be some interest in getting the arms behave better, I think will revisit the leaderhead in the (hopefully) near future to fix this. :)

Your leaderheads are really quite good actually.
Thank you. :)
Great description! Thank you!

I will test it as soon as I find the time....
Sounds good. I was a bit afraid that I kept things too brief. :mischief:

Update for two leaderhead

- I've revisited Nicholas II to improve the rigging of the arms. The awkward thinning of the arms during the cautious animation should be fixed now. Also did some other minor fixes.

- I've changed Quilago's neck. The new neck looks more like being able to support a human head. :)
Spoiler :

(Left: old version, right: new version)

Also did some other minor changes nobody will notice. ;)

The new neck is borrowed from the Cleopatra leaderhead by the way.

Attachments

• Quilago_V1.jpg
    Quilago_V1.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 538
Hi SaibotLieh,

I have capitulated. This is a very time-consuming process. :lol:

I does not really work and I think I will have to work hours and houres and hours on it for very little success.

But thank you for your explanation!

Looks fantastic. I think I will be using her with the Chimu.
Thank you. :)
Hi SaibotLieh,

I have capitulated. This is a very time-consuming process. :lol:

I does not really work and I think I will have to work hours and houres and hours on it for very little success.

But thank you for your explanation!
Yeah, I understand. It is quite some work for a smaller effect. But if it helps, it is easier once you have been successful once. :)

Would it be possible to make a Sir John A MacDonald LH and a Lester B Pearson LH? If possible, I would like for MacDonald's leaderhead to have Lincoln's animations, too.

Would it be possible to make a Sir John A MacDonald LH and a Lester B Pearson LH? If possible, I would like for MacDonald's leaderhead to have Lincoln's animations, too.

Sorry, no, not really my thing.

Wow I haven't checked this forum in maybe a year+ but this is my first time entering this thread and these are phenomenal! Seriously, keep up the great work.

I see you got a thing for female LH's, which is fine but as your Nicholas LH shows you would make some awesome male LH's too!

Hey, Saibotlieh, it's been a while since you have created some leaderhead, but I would like to ask you something.
I would like to use your Cleopatra LH as Merneith, pharaoh of Egypt (I'm currently using her as herself, but I think I will replace her with Ptolemy I). However, she seems a little too light-skinned for a native Egyptian ruler. Would it be possible to reskin her as a bit more "Egyptian", please? I tried to do it myself, but I'm horrible at reskins it seems. I could use another Egyptian LH as her, but I think your Cleopatra is the most perfect LH, so I would like to use her. However, don't feel obligied to do it.

Finally had the rare combination of time, motivation and inspiration over the last days, so I could finish a leaderhead I started working on long time ago. It is a leaderhead for Brunhild, which is unfortunately again a mythological figure. However, she "lived" in a fitting area to for a rain effect I wanted to test.
Spoiler :

Download Link: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=22615

Enjoy! :)

Hey, Saibotlieh, it's been a while since you have created some leaderhead, but I would like to ask you something.
I would like to use your Cleopatra LH as Merneith, pharaoh of Egypt (I'm currently using her as herself, but I think I will replace her with Ptolemy I). However, she seems a little too light-skinned for a native Egyptian ruler. Would it be possible to reskin her as a bit more "Egyptian", please? I tried to do it myself, but I'm horrible at reskins it seems. I could use another Egyptian LH as her, but I think your Cleopatra is the most perfect LH, so I would like to use her. However, don't feel obligied to do it.
Hey, that is rather good timing, since at the moment I could in fact find some time for this and I was always thinking about giving poor Cleo a bit more to dress in. Do you have some idea how you would like her to look more "Egyptian"? Some good pictures surely would do the trick.

I've spotted a minor glitch about your last LH, Brunhild (gorgeous work BTW): at furious animation, when she waves her fist, her right eyeball get out of it's orbit. There's probably something about the bone animation, but it's not me to teach you ;)

Thank you for your awesome leaderheads!

Top Bottom