Vincentz Infinite Projects [VIP MOD]

ROFL

That is such an open ended statement that I am not exactly sure how to respond... Welcome back Vinz, and happy new year.

Soooo :mischief:, what's the update going to entail?

Platy's stuff mostly ;)

Just wanted to put it out there if anyone had stumbled across any bugs/weird stuff that needed to be changed. I'm currently playing MP with v93 with a friend but having OOS everytime siege/warlord units is being moved with mouse, so also taking a look at that, among other things.

edit : and btw, thanks for keeping the flag up here, and happy new year Drak :D

NP bro.

Hmnn, my only major gripe would be that it is pointless to build the religious wonder with a GP. Other than giving the +4 culture, it doesn't really do anything else. Which seems rather counter productive to burn a GP, might as well just save him for a Golden Age. Other than that, nothing springs to mind. Looking forward to the updates.

Welcome back Vincentz!
I don't know if you've adressed the issue, but in .92 you can still build the guilds "wonders" without a GP, which I don't think is intended.

Hey Vincentz,

45*38N' of AND and some of the C2C team have been ironing out a lot of multiplayer OOS problems. Might want to check the Caveman2Cosmos Bug/Crash thread and look for the thread about Multiplayer by 45*.

How are those babies and momma doing!? :D

JosEPh

Edit: this thread, http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=519472

Everything good here in little Denmark :D Wifey if carrying #2 in her stomach, so we're pretty exited.

About the OOS in the latest version, its unfortunately because my scripting skills are rather low, so when I added the random damage to siege weapons it somehow affects them. Its been awhile since I did MP, but I recall that if sieges not ask about battle outcome everything should work just fine and no OOS would appear. Have to look at another (real) solution to the problem when i get some time.

Just installed latest update from platyping, and had some fun with the backgrounds. Only problem is that i completely deleted the python folder and replaced it with UUUUs, so gonna have fun with getting the changes from earlier added...

a gallery of the civ specific backgrounds : http://imgur.com/a/39NeD (donno if it works, first time for me with imgur. let me know if it doesnt ;))

Oh, hello. I have had your mod in my mod folder for quite some time, but I'm fairly sure by now that it's outdated. I might want to add that the mongolian unique horse unit is a bit overpowered for its time, I could beeline for it easily and then have a 9 strength soldier with 2 moves ROFLstomping everybody, so unless that was already rebalanced I suggest you do that.

My other complaint is that there are large amounts of techs, most noticably in the future, that don't do anything. One or two give SS space ship parts, so that's something, but things like quantum computing and terra computer don't do anything. Again, mine is an outdated version so there's a chance you fixed it already. But otherwise, thanks for an awesome mod :D

Oh, hello. I have had your mod in my mod folder for quite some time, but I'm fairly sure by now that it's outdated. I might want to add that the mongolian unique horse unit is a bit overpowered for its time, I could beeline for it easily and then have a 9 strength soldier with 2 moves ROFLstomping everybody, so unless that was already rebalanced I suggest you do that.

My other complaint is that there are large amounts of techs, most noticably in the future, that don't do anything. One or two give SS space ship parts, so that's something, but things like quantum computing and terra computer don't do anything. Again, mine is an outdated version so there's a chance you fixed it already. But otherwise, thanks for an awesome mod :D

I think it might be a very old version, since the keshiks have 9 movement now ;)
Though in game settings it acts as approx 2 movement as grassland cost 5 movepoints.

I do see your point, and not just for keshiks, but horsemen in general. They seem overpowered for their time, though spearmen are not far behind, if even behind, and a horse (str 8-9) stands no chance against a spearman (str 6 +100% vs mounted=str 12).
Maybe give Javelineers +50% vs mounted as a balancer?

Its true that almost all future techs dont do anything except leading to spaceship parts, but since I actually never made it to future era, it have been down prioritized.
The way I view it at present state, is that its more fun researching )nameoftech( than just Future Tech 1,2,3,4....

It might just be me, but I think the old ones were a little better :undecide:

really?
Spoiler :

I think the new one is more photorealistic, and it looks like the resolution is much better (might be difficult to see on the screenies though). Also there were problems about tearing and blending on the old one (vertical stripes caused by bad "wrapping")

But I leave both of them in, changeable with VIP Loader ;)

I've played a little bit with the new one, and there is no way im going back to the old one now ;)

hmm, I guess I just feel as if they are a little too.... noisy? over detailed. But then you could be right and the screenshot is not doing it justice at lower resolutions

I totally understand what you mean. I cant stand looking at most terrain-mods out there for the same reason. It becomes a mishmash and the color-palette is often all over the place not fitting with jungles or forests. It becomes confusing to look at. Usually I end up getting a headache and throw my own or vanilla textures in the mod.
However (and this is indeed personal preferenced), I think I hit the nail on this one. But it IS very noisy....

Try it out and let me know what u think.

VIP Mod with new textures

I will have a look in full 1680 * 1080 p when I have time, maybe that will do it justice :)

Anyone know where i can get a copy of civ 4, i have Conquest and BTS but not civ 4. ugh

I guess a used gameshop? or digital downloads a.k.a Steam or D2D?
Wasnt conquest for civ3? and doesnt BtS contain vanilla civ? and if not why do you have BtS and not vanilla civ4? questions questions ;)

BtW. Just saw that 2400 have downloaded v.91 :D Anyone who wants a peek at v.93 go up a couple of posts. Still havent fixed Siege MP bug, but should be playable for single player ;)

Top Bottom