Vincentz Infinite Projects [VIP MOD]

Interesting. Try it on the BTS icon please, and let me know if you can do it that way.

It has no Run as Administrator icon, and I tried to click 'Open File Location', it said that Windows cannot find the target. I think it'd because I reinstalled it wrong, but even before I reinstalled, the mod did not work.

Agreed. Reinstall Civ (complete) to the appropriate directory, make sure your patched to current rev, then reinstall VIP.

I can assure you it's not the mod, because I have it running perfectly on multiple OS's (including WIN 8).

After your done, just adjust your UAC as per my previous instructions.

Hopefully it'll work, but I won't get home till tomorrow. Other than that, I don't know where I can find the UAC that changes anything other than the Notification system as to when you get notifications.

???huh??

Right click the desk top icon of BTS/click properties/click the compatibility tab/check run as administrator... This is what it should look like;

View attachment 359157

This is how you run a program as admin. Let me know if you have further problems.

???huh??

Right click the desk top icon of BTS/click properties/click the compatibility tab/check run as administrator... This is what it should look like;

View attachment 359157

This is how you run a program as admin. Let me know if you have further problems.

I didn't have the Comp tab. This is all I had:

Reason I took so long as I am just giving up now. Thanks for trying to help anyway.

Mods I guess aren't for me. I'll stick with vanilla BTS since it's too complicated to mod.

hmnn, well that seems odd.

Well, maybe someone with WIN 8 can assist you better. Your SS looks a bit odd, but I'll have to check my own WIN 8 sys to see what the problem is.

This is an amazing mod that I will download and play with, but first I need to finish my Equestrian game. I only finish about one in seven games I start because I get bored and move on, but this one looks promising.

Heh, wait until you hit the med era and later.. One of the few mods to where I actually enjoy playing the later eras.

I didn't have the Comp tab. This is all I had:

Reason I took so long as I am just giving up now. Thanks for trying to help anyway.

Mods I guess aren't for me. I'll stick with vanilla BTS since it's too complicated to mod.

Taking a look at my WIN 8 sys, I don't think you followed my instructions correctly, because that SS doesn't look similar to mine. Either that, or there is something wrong with your WIN 8 sys. it's just my opinion btw, hopefully someone here with more win 8 exp can help you better.

Hello everyone!
I went back to play this awesome mod these times, and I had an idea for a gameplay mechanism that imo would be pretty interesting. I don't know if it's already been done, if it would be appropriate or if it's even easily doable, but i tought i would share it and maybe get your opinion.

So... What if building units like military and settlers would cost 1 population (maybe 2 for settlers) and after the war they could be reintegrated in their city as regular citizens (like for free in the city they were built and for some gold in other cities, to prevent too easy population moving (meta parenthesis : settlers would be free anywere?)).

It would make for a more interesting management of the population, instead of basically see it grow forever, it would allow migration, be more realistic, as war would be more dangerous for your country, even if the fights are outside your borders, and we would see less enormous armies of horse archers devastating everything in the industrial era : )
Of course city growth would be faster to compensate for the losses.
I think I said it all, please tell me what you think of it, and if it could be implemented, I'd love to give it a try : )

On a totally different subject, Vincentz, if you ever want to translate your mod in french, I'd be totally willing!

Hmnn, I like the concept but I think that would involve a lot of XML work given the parameters of your idea. It would be interesting if it could be accomplished though.

Hey vincentz just wanted to pass along how much we are enjoying playing the VIP mod, 0.91has been stable in a 3 player multiplayer game. As a heads up we tried 0.92 (beta) but got an out of sync at the very start of the game. Looking forward to where you take it next.

Sorry to bother ya all, but every time I try to start a game, map generator throws in lots of tundra where it should not be. The whole map is clogged with tundra, and other terrains are mostly missing.

Only the first game I played had adequate map.
After that, I changed transparent to solid color in the Menu, the problem started. I don't think this has to do with it, but who knows?

I installed the last version of VIP.
I reinstalled VIP, reinstalled BlueMarble, cleared cache, etc.
Other mods don't have this problem.

Any advice?

What map script are you trying to use?

Try using any of the VIP map scripts, or even PM (Perfect Mongoose). Those have been customized for VIP.

NP, lemme know :wink:

I am playing version .91 on Windows XP, and I am quite impressed with this modpack. It the best modpack that I have played for Civ IV-BTS.

I have a question that may have been answered in an earlier forum post. The civics of Organized Religion and Pacifism do not seem to work as expected. Organized Religion does not give a 25% bonus to building production and Pacifism does not give a 100% Great Person Birth Rate. Does anyone have any insight into this? Thanks.

Yup. You need to pay really close attention to the fine print on everything, as Vinz has tweaked quite a bit of stuff in his mod. I highly recommend you read the 'pedia for those specific entries. As to the answers for your questions, can you post a save? or perhaps a SS of your cap? If Vinz doesn't answer before I do (or any other VIP fanatic :)), I'll see if I can't give you a better answer.

Top Bottom