C2C SVN Changelog

8557-8558
Completly new religion - Rodnovera - Slavic religion

Short description:
Spoiler :
Slavic mythology is the mythological aspect of the polytheistic religion that was practised by the Slavs prior to Christianisation. The religion possesses numerous common traits with other religions descended from the Proto-Indo-European religion. Archaeological remains of old Slavic idols and shrines have been found, though little can be yielded from them without proper knowledge of their contexts, other than confirming existing historical records. Fragments of old mythological beliefs and pagan festivals survive up to this day in folk customs, songs, and stories of all the Slavic nations.

New unit: Rodnovera Missionary - Zerca
New buildings:
- Gaj - (Rodnovera Temple)
- Idol - (Rodnovera Monastery)
- Chram - (Rodnovera Cathedral)
- Arkona - (Rodnovera Shrine)

Founding technology - Asatru

I have a few other religions to add but they need to fit with C2C. I regret adding Cannaism because it is not unique just added the same things as standard BtS.

Why not remove it then (or simply move it to a More Religions module)? There's no point keeping stuff if you don't like it.

• Changed promotion given in poisoned arrows event from poison_arrows to poison_tips.
    • We don't need archers with two different poison weaponry promotions at once.
  • Removed tech requirement from Alpha Male/Female
Why not remove it then (or simply move it to a More Religions module)? There's no point keeping stuff if you don't like it.
Indeed, all content should be well thought trough and either be unique or have a purpose other than to exist.

Last edited:
I have a few other religions to add but they need to fit with C2C. I regret adding Cannaism because it is not unique just added the same things as standard BtS.

Is there any possible way that WE can set up the religions like (I believe it was Smithy) maybe not) as to get a certain religion then can go indepth of that religion even further , I think you know what I mean??

And this is coming from a guy, that doesn't like religion, lol . .

Is there any possible way that WE can set up the religions like (I believe it was Smithy) maybe not) as to get a certain religion then can go indepth of that religion even further , I think you know what I mean??

And this is coming from a guy, that doesn't like religion, lol . .

Nice idea but that would maybe require a mechanic of it's own... or maybe just buildable religious "upgrades" like different reforms, tunings and adjustments to create more sleeker and cunning brainwashing scheme that religions are.

At the same time these upgrades should make it much more difficult to change religion, to accept people of other religions and generally to have religious diversity. I think the current system is good but religious diversity should create much more :mad: but give other benefits like science and culture.

All nice and fun content but much more important is to create one solid version that actually works on all major aspects and defines as playable and replayable. I can't believe that i still care but maybe V36 will be the one. There is more than enough content, so it is only common sense to fix all that is already in before adding more.

8557-8558
Completly new religion - Rodnovera - Slavic religion

Short description:
Spoiler :
Slavic mythology is the mythological aspect of the polytheistic religion that was practised by the Slavs prior to Christianisation. The religion possesses numerous common traits with other religions descended from the Proto-Indo-European religion. Archaeological remains of old Slavic idols and shrines have been found, though little can be yielded from them without proper knowledge of their contexts, other than confirming existing historical records. Fragments of old mythological beliefs and pagan festivals survive up to this day in folk customs, songs, and stories of all the Slavic nations.

New unit: Rodnovera Missionary - Zerca
New buildings:
- Gaj - (Rodnovera Temple)
- Idol - (Rodnovera Monastery)
- Chram - (Rodnovera Cathedral)
- Arkona - (Rodnovera Shrine)

Founding technology - Asatru

That is good, good.. We could discuss about nomenclature because it's very diversified in it's current form, but I look forward to see that in game. Thanks.

- fixed Rodnovery Shrine missing movie

- fixed Babylon Warlord Vassal, Lord and Noble redblobs

- correct audio quote for Mountianeering
- correct text quote for Invention
- fixed missing Machu Pichu icon

- added correct text quote for Sanitation
- fixed missing XML for Papacy quote

Is it still planned to add more languages including Polish?
In 8505 there was no xml line for Polish language.
Do you need many human translators? I may try to acquire some :)

Do you need many human translators? I may try to acquire some :)

Its correct question in right time. Actualy I started working on polish translation with (little help from Rwn) and now im in the middle merging translations from civ.org.pl and translating Great People screens to Polish. Still its a lot of work and its take a while when will be done. I presumu will be ready in July to beta testing.

Its correct question in right time. Actualy I started working on polish translation with (little help from Rwn) and now im in the middle merging translations from civ.org.pl and translating Great People screens to Polish. Still its a lot of work and its take a while when will be done. I presumu will be ready in July to beta testing.

By the way, if you already have the xml files (or even a simple text file) with some tags and the corresponding polish text, I can automatically populate the text table with them (so you don't have to go filling manually each tag that has a polish version).

By the way, if you already have the xml files (or even a simple text file) with some tags and the corresponding polish text, I can automatically populate the text table with them (so you don't have to go filling manually each tag that has a polish version).

Tnx, but already did this :)
When ill stuck with something contact with you.

• Barbarians now get UNIT_STONE_THROWER as initial defenders if they don't have access to other units
  • Performance improvements in CvSelectionGroupAI::AI_getBestGroupAttacker and a few other places which have to do with unit movement decisions

@All
If this leads to any new unit movement issues or issues with the AI unit movement like not attacking please report it. I'am still not happy with the slowdown and some other issues caused by the changes in the movement rules to improve the handling of sea tunnels. It looks to me that sea tunnels aren't really supported inside the dll and whoever put those tunnels in missed lots of things or maybe i just don't get it:crazyeye::confused:. TB tried to fix some issues with them but that slows things down alot. There are to many changes needed to really support two or more dimensional placement of units on a single plot but maybe there is a simple solution to do this and i just can't see it in the moment.:confused:

If nobody thinks those sea tunnels are essential i would remove them.

Sea tunnels are very important, please don't remove them.

• Barbarians now get UNIT_STONE_THROWER as initial defenders if they don't have access to other units
  • Performance improvements in CvSelectionGroupAI::AI_getBestGroupAttacker and a few other places which have to do with unit movement decisions

@All
If this leads to any new unit movement issues or issues with the AI unit movement like not attacking please report it. I'am still not happy with the slowdown and some other issues caused by the changes in the movement rules to improve the handling of sea tunnels. It looks to me that sea tunnels aren't really supported inside the dll and whoever put those tunnels in missed lots of things or maybe i just don't get it:crazyeye::confused:. TB tried to fix some issues with them but that slows things down alot. There are to many changes needed to really support two or more dimensional placement of units on a single plot but maybe there is a simple solution to do this and i just can't see it in the moment.:confused:

If nobody thinks those sea tunnels are essential i would remove them.
Could it be done easier by simply tracking a Z axis placement for the unit on the plot? Another reason for the setup was to eventually (very soon) enable a High Altitude Hovering layer and an Underwater (perhaps more than one) layer for more intricate late-game naval maneuvering. If it could be more generalized to a Z axis tracking effect, perhaps visibility and grouping rules for units could be more streamlined.

A bit more involved solution but ultimately, after some thought, it's the point of the sea tunnel interaction differences as they are now.

8564It looks to me that sea tunnels aren't really supported inside the dll and whoever put those tunnels in missed lots of things or maybe i just don't get it:crazyeye::confused:.

There was nothing wrong in them before V35 and i agree with previous poster that they are quite essential addition. It can't be that hard to revert tunnel issue to pre-V35 settings, someone has broken the ai usage of tunnels, let him fix it.

One half of modders breaking things and other half trying to fix them... :lol: Disaster guaranteed.

Sea tunnels are very important, please don't remove them.

Could it be done easier by simply tracking a Z axis placement for the unit on the plot? Another reason for the setup was to eventually (very soon) enable a High Altitude Hovering layer and an Underwater (perhaps more than one) layer for more intricate late-game naval maneuvering. If it could be more generalized to a Z axis tracking effect, perhaps visibility and grouping rules for units could be more streamlined.

A bit more involved solution but ultimately, after some thought, it's the point of the sea tunnel interaction differences as they are now.

Ok if they are essential they stay but it will be lots of work to really fix them. Maybe there is a simple solution but at the moment i can't think of one. Whatever it is it can only have an tiny impact on the turn times and memory usage because of the huge numbers of plots and units in the game. That means turn times should get faster as they are now with your changes because otherwise C2C will become even more unplayable.

There was nothing wrong in them before V35 and i agree with previous poster that they are quite essential addition. It can't be that hard to revert tunnel issue to pre-V35 settings, someone has broken the ai usage of tunnels, let him fix it.

There was always something wrong with them because they are simply ignored in many places of the code because whoever put them in did not finish it.

Alberts, for me you can remove tunels. Shortening turn times IMO is more important then tunels.

Top Bottom