Klisz's Civs

Klisz

King
I made a civ. Yay! :D

Historical Civs
The Kassites

Subscribe | Download
Supports: Civ IV Traits in Civ V, Cultural Diversity, Historical Religions, Map Labels, Unique Cultural Influence, YnAEMP

Portugal (Pombal)

Subscribe | Download
Supports: Civ IV Traits in Civ V, Cities in Development, Cultural Diversity, Enlightenment Era, Map Labels, Wish for the World, YnAEMP

Trinidad and Tobago

Subscribe | Download
Supports: Cities in Development, Civ IV Traits, Events & Decisions, Historical Religions, Map Labels, Unique Cultural Influence, Wish for the World, YnAEMP

Fictional Civs
Radiant Garden (Kingdom Hearts)

Subscribe | Download
Supports: Civ IV Traits, Events & Decisions, Mercenaries, Piety, Unique Cultural Influence, Wish for the World

Organization XIII (Kingdom Hearts)

Subscribe | Download
Supports: Civ IV Traits, Events & Decisions, Unique Cultural Influence, Wish for the World​

This is a very nice Civ

Thanks! :D

do you plan to expand with more of Kingdom Hearts?

Possibly, but there aren't many Civs per se in the series. Though I suppose I could make ones based on characters that weren't canonically rulers, à la Vicevirtuoso and OTiger.

Radiant Garden updated to version 2.

Changelog:
- Fixed some minor textual errors
- Added a pointless Easter Egg relating to city names, original capitals, and conquest
- Redid the Fountain Court icon because the original had some transparency issues
- Made the Royal Guard use its own unitflag in strategicview instead of the Pikeman's
- Fixed a bug where the Royal Guard had a strength of 10 instead of the intended 16
- Fixed Civ IV Traits support
- Added Decisions
- Remade the infographic thing in a spiffy JFD-style format

Furthermore, Organization XIII has been released!

Ooooh! Always nice to see more fictional civs! :3

I don't really know much about the Kingdom Hearts universe myself, but I've been watching a friend play through them, so I'm slowly learning. Not sure what you used for city names... part of me wonders if it'd be worth it to make a city-states renaming pack to name them after some of the various worlds the characters go through, unless they're all already used as cities...

Ooooh! Always nice to see more fictional civs! :3

Glad to hear you like them!

Not sure what you used for city names... part of me wonders if it'd be worth it to make a city-states renaming pack to name them after some of the various worlds the characters go through, unless they're all already used as cities...

Indeed, city names are worlds - there's not much else that could be used, since most worlds in the series consist of pretty much one city and some rural-or-uninhabited surrounding area (more or less the equivalent of the workable radius) anyway.

By the way, I've been meaning to ask you - you've converted a lot of models from other games into Civ5; do you know of any tutorials on how to do this? Everything I can find is for converting from Civ4 specifically, not from other games in general.

Glad to hear you like them!

Indeed, city names are worlds - there's not much else that could be used, since most worlds in the series consist of pretty much one city and some rural-or-uninhabited surrounding area (more or less the equivalent of the workable radius) anyway.

Do they share city name lists? I can't remember how the game resolves name conflicts between civs that share lists (such as the various Russias or Frances), but I thought they basically moved along to the next available name on the list... so it would be somewhat amusing to see Radiant Garden and Organization XIII fighting over worlds that way. :p

By the way, I've been meaning to ask you - you've converted a lot of models from other games into Civ5; do you know of any tutorials on how to do this? Everything I can find is for converting from Civ4 specifically, not from other games in general.

There isn't any real tutorial on it... but pretty much all of the models I've gotten from other games have been in the .obj format, which allows me to use the existing tutorials. In fact, it's somewhat easier than using Civ IV models, since those are typically in .nif format, so I have to go into NifSkope to convert them to .obj files.

For those files that aren't in .obj format, there's probably software around to convert them -- I recently have been working with converting some files from .mdl format over to .obj.

Do they share city name lists? I can't remember how the game resolves name conflicts between civs that share lists (such as the various Russias or Frances), but I thought they basically moved along to the next available name on the list... so it would be somewhat amusing to see Radiant Garden and Organization XIII fighting over worlds that way. :p

There's a fair amount of overlap, though of course they're in a different order (and the first few cities aren't shared, though the low number of possible city names means that pretty much all of them will be shared across at least a couple future civs' city lists). And yeah, AFAICT that's how name conflicts are resolved (indeed, even without mods it works that way if you put more than one of the same civ in in advanced setup, or for that matter for the handful of city lists that do have slight overlap near the end, like America having Honolulu or Arabia having some Moroccan cities).

There isn't any real tutorial on it... but pretty much all of the models I've gotten from other games have been in the .obj format, which allows me to use the existing tutorials. In fact, it's somewhat easier than using Civ IV models, since those are typically in .nif format, so I have to go into NifSkope to convert them to .obj files.

For those files that aren't in .obj format, there's probably software around to convert them -- I recently have been working with converting some files from .mdl format over to .obj.

Good to know, especially since The Models Resource uses mostly (if not entirely) .obj.

Good to know, especially since The Models Resource uses mostly (if not entirely) .obj.

One of these days I should do a "quick and dirty" tutorial covering my methods. At the very least, it'd be useful to share some of the things I've learned that most other tutorials don't mention, like "how to select vertices"... XD

What were you considering converting, by the way?

One of these days I should do a "quick and dirty" tutorial covering my methods. At the very least, it'd be useful to share some of the things I've learned that most other tutorials don't mention, like "how to select vertices"... XD

Indeed, Blender's interface is not very friendly, and by the time people are good enough to write tutorials they're often used to a lot of the unintuitive stuff.

What were you considering converting, by the way?

Just a few models for the UUs (as well as more later on for future civs, of course).

Updated Organization XIII with a new UA and an additional ability for one of the UUs. :D (still haven't converted any models yet, though)

Thanks to Divine Yuri for GetCivilizationByTrait from Randomized Unique Components, and to whoward69 for PlotIterators.

Well, now that was a civilization I wasn't expecting to see.

Why isn't the UU simply called Peacekeeper though?

Also, limiting the effect of the UA to only Maritime CS feels needlessly restrictive, thematic, sure, but it'll probably make it extremely UP in gameplay.

Congrats on the release Klisz!

Why isn't the UU simply called Peacekeeper though?

The actual military unit that it's meant to represent is called the "Trinidad and Tobago Regiment", and so while I had to change the name (because come on who puts a civ's name in the UU) I thought keeping 'Regiment' would give it a bit more connection to the real thing.

Also, limiting the effect of the UA to only Maritime CS feels needlessly restrictive, thematic, sure, but it'll probably make it extremely UP in gameplay.

That's a good point; I'll see if I can come up with something more powerful that still works for flavor.

Congrats on the release Klisz!

Thanks!

Excited to see this one. Was one of the civs on my list of planned civs that never materialized once I discovered that I'm terrible at coding. Had a bunch of research done on it, so I could probably help you come up with an additional part to the UA that historically fits the country well.

Congrats on the release Klisz! I look forward to trying it out :)

Congrats on the release. :D Never would've guessed I'd see a Trinidad and Tobago civ next. I'm going to have to try them out at some point.

What group do they fall under in CulDiv?

Could make the UA from all Maritime and any other Coastal City States until you come up with another idea.

That's certainly one possibility. Another idea I had was to make all CSes give culture, but maritime ones give double; I like the idea of keeping maritime CSes special in some way, because interacting with a specific CS type is something that AFAIK hasn't been done before and that I find a neat idea.

Excited to see this one. Was one of the civs on my list of planned civs that never materialized once I discovered that I'm terrible at coding.

In your defense, that Steel Orchestra sounds like hell even for a skilled coder. :p

Had a bunch of research done on it, so I could probably help you come up with an additional part to the UA that historically fits the country well.

I'd be glad to hear your ideas!

Congrats on the release Klisz! I look forward to trying it out :)

Congrats on the release. :D Never would've guessed I'd see a Trinidad and Tobago civ next. I'm going to have to try them out at some point.

Thanks to both of you!

What group do they fall under in CulDiv?

Colonial.

Top Bottom